Riley is still our coach

Nebfanatic

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Riley may be a bad coach.  He may make poor game decisions.  But....I fail to see how he has been toxic.  We've seen toxic coaches.....before.

I know what you are saying...but toxic doesn't have to mean "bo-like"

Toxic can mean having a culture of being okay with being average...it can be even worse.  Now, I don't think that MR is toxic, yet, but if he keeps underdelivering and if the fans and administration are "okay" with 7 and 8 wins...that is toxic.

Bo actually created a toxic culture of the 9 wins...they (I think) really thought 9 wins was "good enough"

7 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

The next person who uses "toxic", "cancer", or "Objective(ly)" in this thread is getting banned.

:o

Dang it!!!!  NOOOOOOOO

29 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

False argument.  There are no objective stats that are comparable.  Different schedules, players, opponents, injuries, ejections, officiating, etc.....

We can objectively say Riley inherited a team in much need of talent and depth to compete for a conference title.

We can objectively say implementing a new system almost always brings mixed results in the implementation stage.

We can objectively say starting a new QB brings mixed results no matter the coach.

We can objectively say implementing a new defense under a new DC requires transition time to reach peak performance.

We can objectively say Ferentz and Dantonio had much worse starts their first 3 years as Iowa and MSU respectively compared to MR's first three years at Nebraska.  They both wen on to have tremendous championship seasons over their next 3 years.  But I"m sure you saw that coming at the time right?

We can objectively say, Iowa and MSU were rewarded greatly for enduing the building stage and seeing the process through.  It remains to be seen if, we have the resolve to do the same.  

Since I don't want to get banned ....

Concerning the "O" word you repeatedly used above"

tenor.gif

• Plus1 3

25 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Toxic can mean having a culture of being okay with being average...it can be even worse.  Now, I don't think that MR is toxic, yet, but if he keeps underdelivering and if the fans and administration are "okay" with 7 and 8 wins...that is toxic.

Again, I don't know a single Nebraska fan who is okay with 7 and 8 wins, unless they clearly suggest progress towards 10 and 11 wins. 

ipso facto, nobody is okay with Nebraska staying where it is. 

• Plus1 2

Mike Riley is not the caliber of coach to restore excellence at Nebraska and he never was.  His record at NU , as well as before NU a combined 175-168.  His teams fail to impress the eye, as well as the record book.

And all blind supporters of Mike Riley are complicit in his bringing the Nebraska football team to the point of pure mediocrity.  And his failure is shameful.  

He has failed our athletes, and our fans.  We have 30 games to base our opinion, that is enough for a tiger to show his stripes, or to tuck his tail.

Actions speak louder than words. He cannot grasp or does not care about the tradition of NU.  The tradition of being the most physical, most well trained and highest motivated team in the country.

NU, where we have more combined Outland/ Lombardi award winners than any other school.  NU where the Rimington Trophy is named after a Husker.  

To Riley and supporters Husker Pride, Traditions and Excellence are cliche'   

To the rest of us these are the things that make a HUSKER.

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

Mike Riley is not the caliber of coach to restore excellence at Nebraska and he never was.  His record at NU , as well as before NU a combined 175-168.  His teams fail to impress the eye, as well as the record book.

And all blind supporters of Mike Riley are complicit in his bringing the Nebraska football team to the point of pure mediocrity.  And his failure is shameful.  

He has failed our athletes, and our fans.  We have 30 games to base our opinion, that is enough for a tiger to show his stripes, or to tuck his tail.

Actions speak louder than words. He cannot grasp or does not care about the tradition of NU.  The tradition of being the most physical, most well trained and highest motivated team in the country.

NU, where we have more combined Outland/ Lombardi award winners than any other school.  NU where the Rimington Trophy is named after a Husker.  

To Riley and supporters Husker Pride, Traditions and Excellence are cliche'   

To the rest of us these are the things that make a HUSKER.

As many posters have mentioned, no one is blindly supporting Riley.

• Plus1 1