So how many wins

5 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

I think at least a .500 record in the B1G and no bad losses OOC. I don't know specifically what that number looks like but its almost more about how the team is performing as a whole rather than saying we need to win xx games. 

That would be 9-9 in the B1G (regular season) plus 6-4 in the non-con not counting however the bracket shakes out in the Advocare tourney.

That would mean at least 16-15 as your floor.  Miles one good year was 19-13.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That would be 9-9 in the B1G (regular season) plus 6-4 in the non-con not counting however the bracket shakes out in the Advocare tourney.

That would mean at least 16-15 as your floor.  Miles one good year was 19-13.

yup. I think thats fair. I think probably 16-15 gets him fired but I don't know that there is really a true number that you can say he has to hit or he's gone at. Like I said I think it depends how the team is playing as a whole. No more WTF losses in the non-con to teams like Samford or Gardner Webb.

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

9-9 in conference would be a fantastic record

I'm not sure 9-9 is completely out of the realm of possibility.  Penn St, Ohio St, Rutgers & Illinois are all winnable road games.  Not saying they will win any of them, but all four of those teams are projected to be pretty bad this year.  If they can win a couple of those and pull a couple minor upsets at home they could finish in the .500 range in conference.

1 minute ago, ECisGod said:

I'm not sure 9-9 is completely out of the realm of possibility.  Penn St, Ohio St, Rutgers & Illinois are all winnable road games.  Not saying they will win any of them, but all four of those teams are projected to be pretty bad this year.  If they can win a couple of those and pull a couple minor upsets at home they could finish in the .500 range in conference.

I agree...I do think this will be the best PSU team that Chambers has ever had but still.

Rutgers is a year away from being average

OSU is hurting

Illinois is going to be playing about 65 freshmen

Indiana is going to be a bit of a mess this year

MSU is loaded and will probably only lose 3 conference games

Purdue will be okay

Minny is loaded

MD is sort of loaded but not really, tough one to figure out this season.

NW could be solid again

Michigan is Michigan, they have such a great system and their coach is a top 20 coach in the country

Iowa will be pretty good

• 2 weeks later...

I have guarded expectations this year for basketball.  I like the recruits he has brought in.  As has been mentioned, if they can avoid bad losses, get a few upsets and not lose games they should win I see the ceiling at 18-19 games.  A win or two in the NIT would seal the deal and maybe further some momentum in recruiting.  

On 10/6/2017 at 8:39 AM, passranch said:

That's insane.

18 wins could very well be enough to get this team a tourney bid, and you're going to fire Miles if they achieve that?

It's the first number that came to mind with very little thought.

But.....I'll still stand by it because I think he has about the same ability to get to 20 wins as 18.

I've been on Mile's bandwagon for a long time.  I'm just not feeling it anymore until I see a better product on the court.  I've gotten excited about recruits coming in since he got here. On paper, there was a big uptick in recruiting.  problem is, other than one year (really one month), we haven't seen better results.