TE Chris Hickman [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

seaofred92

To Which School Will Hickman Commit?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Hickman Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Wisconsin
    • Iowa State
    • Kansas State
    • Minnesota
    • Ole Miss

This poll is closed to new votes

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Any word on when he plan to make a decision?

I would assume that if we get Henrich, it would help out here.

It sure seems like that’s the case.

Sort of seems like right now we have a low percentage chance with him if we don’t land Henrich. 

They have been clear they aren’t a package deal, but that doesn’t mean they won’t end up at Nebraska together.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Chadhusker said:

Well I really hope we get both, I was reading today that we lost 2 tight ends. So it looks like frost may take 2 tight ends in this class. 

Not sure it's necessary, especially with this offense. You have Stoll, Allen, Rafdal, Legrone plus Jurgens if he stays there. The staff has also said McGriff is a guy that may transition to TE. I think if you get Hickman, you only take another TE if he's an absolute stud.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Not sure it's necessary, especially with this offense. You have Stoll, Allen, Rafdal, Legrone plus Jurgens if he stays there. The staff has also said McGriff is a guy that may transition to TE. I think if you get Hickman, you only take another TE if he's an absolute stud.

Tight End is going to be an interesting spot for Frost and the staff.  My guess is that they look towards hybrid guys who can play traditional TE, but can also split out in certain formations and be trouble for LB and safeties covering them.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Tight End is going to be an interesting spot for Frost and the staff.  My guess is that they look towards hybrid guys who can play traditional TE, but can also split out in certain formations and be trouble for LB and safeties covering them.

A couple spots just opened up in the TE room. 

Just sayin'.....

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

A couple spots just opened up in the TE room. 

Just sayin'.....

Right, and the 2 TE’s who left the team don’t fit in the grand scheme of Frost’s offense in terms of versatility. I think guys like McGriff and Hickman have the versatility that Frost is looking for at TE. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Right, and the 2 TE’s who left the team don’t fit in the grand scheme of Frost’s offense in terms of versatility. I think guys like McGriff and Hickman have the versatility that Frost is looking for at TE. 

McGriff definitely does or he wouldn’t have recruited him to UCF and then Neb.

6 hours ago, Chadhusker said:

Well I really hope we get both, I was reading today that we lost 2 tight ends. So it looks like frost may take 2 tight ends in this class. 

They won’t. Those 2 would not have played and there are plenty of other on the roster that fit the system.

• Mavric changed the title to TE Chris Hickman [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric pinned this topic