What did we learn-Game 4 Rutgers

JJ Husker

Lee is on pace to break the NCAA record for interceptions in a season (it's 34 BTW, set in 1966.)

Not playing someone else, even for a few snaps, almost reeks of intentional tanking. It's stubbornness that would make Bo blush.

Blaming the fans for booing the coaches for putting Lee in (again) after he had thrown a nation leading interception & his third pick 6  in 2 games is laughable.

Diaco has this defense playing better. Yes, the offenses aren't great. But he's such a substantial improvement over Banker. We have the talent, and he's showing how to use it.

Riley is going to finish the season, and "retire" after Iowa.

• Plus1 3

My 2 cents on Lee. Extremely frusting to watch because I feel like some plays he actually does do everything right. I saw a handful of plays today where he worked through the progression, found a  open man and stepped into his throw. Then the next play he stares a guy down then throws off the back foot into double coverage. He shows flashes but the inconsistencies kill us.

I think we would have blown Rutgers doors off if we don't turn the ball over. We thoroughly dominated them in my view and the score would have looked much better if we can somehow get decent QB play and stick with the run a little better. 

3 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

At at the end of the day this is just not an enjoyable team to watch at this point. The product on the field is terrible 

This is probably why a lot of fans left before end of the game.  The saw what was important and whether Rutgers came back to make it close or win didn't matter.  It's game 4. They have a good idea of how the rest of the schedule will play out. 

Just now, saunders45 said:

Lee is on pace to break the NCAA record for interceptions in a season (it's 34 BTW, set in 1966.)

Not playing someone else, even for a few snaps, almost reeks of intentional tanking.

Blaming the fans for booing the coaches for putting Lee in (again) after he had thrown a nation leading interception & his third pick 6  in 2 games is laughable.

Diaco has this defense playing better. Yes, the offenses aren't great. But he's such a substantial improvement over Banker. We have the talent, and he's showing how to use it.

Riley is going to finish the season, and "retire" after Iowa.

This is pretty much what I think too.

Diaco's defense reminds me a bit of Bo's while we were in the Big 12.  Like...you knew they were playing well but you didn't really know how well until the game was over and you saw the stats.

Also, I said Riley would retire at the end of the season too (you sir are as smart as me...sorry!)

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is pretty much what I think too.

Diaco's defense reminds me a bit of Bo's while we were in the Big 12.  Like...you knew they were playing well but you didn't really know how well until the game was over and you saw the stats.

Also, I said Riley would retire at the end of the season too (you sir are as smart as me...sorry!)

Define "retire"  because there is no way he's giving up the millions we will owe him- he came here because this is his 401k

we have to fire his saggy butt and by still playing Lee he's trying to retire early

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

I think we would have blown Rutgers doors off if we don't turn the ball over. We thoroughly dominated them in my view and the score would have looked much better if we can somehow get decent QB play and stick with the run a little better

That's why I agree with an above poster that this is in some ways more frustrating than a loss. This should have been like 58-3.

Teams have those kinds of wins without it meaning they're all world...they're just playing a terrible team. 

Come to think of it...We learned just how far Riley has lowered our expectations as fans.  A 10 point home win against a team that has not won a conference game since ED could drink more than one drink without passing out...

He really has Rileyed us.  We have fans saying things like "I think 7 wins and he keeps his job"

• Plus1 3
2 minutes ago, brophog said:

That's why I agree with an above poster that this is in some ways more frustrating than a loss. This should have been like 58-3.

Teams have those kinds of wins without it meaning they're all world...they're just playing a terrible team. 

Riley teams play a terrible team and either squeak by with a close win or lose