Really? :(

Let me clear my throat has always been awesome. You want players loose and pumped up, not tight wound. Of course, that doesn't mean they won't still lose a game. Philipp is an intense dude. I love that he's so active on the sidelines and that the players can feed off his energy, and vice versa.

--

And I think the defense taking the field after Nebraska just takes the lead is a pretty good time to get amped.

• Plus1 1

Personal preference I guess.  I want focus when a game is still in doubt.  Instead of a coach "having a party", I would appreciate him making sure my offensive players are ready to get on the field to seal the deal.  

I just think there is a huge difference between "loose" and "not focused".

Just now, famoustitles said:

Your name does not fit 

I know.

• Plus1 1

Yeah, but I think we're stretching to call this not focused.

There isn't a direct connection between positive displays of energy and not giving a s#!t about the game,  either, which is what you seem to be thinking. I guess it's an optics thing, and taste varies...we're unhappy with the team's performance overall and, win or lose, we want the team to look like it, too. 

You could question ability or coaching, but I think spirit (from the team and the fanbase) is something that's been commendably displayed all year.

• Plus1 1

Before this turns into a long discussion; I have zero problems with players having fun.  I really don't have a problem with coaches celebrating.  I've followed runs down the sideline with fist in the air before and have been a huge cheerleader.

My problem with this is that it is 2 plays after the go ahead touchdown.  Let the fans and teammates be happy and pump up the defense.  I just don't see why a staff member needs to be acting like he's at a party in that situation.  In my mind: he should be reminding those guys that there is still 17 minutes left and to be ready to finish it off.

Again, just my "unfun"husker opinion.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Before this turns into a long discussion; I have zero problems with players having fun.  I really don't have a problem with coaches celebrating.

After your last 10 posts basically amounting to, "Why are those players and that coach having fun when the game isn't over now they're not focused", I don't actually believe you.

More like notfunhusker #hiphophogwash

• Plus1 4