A. Kalu didn't play a snap in this game so I'm not too worried about his focus, though I'm sure he was focused on the game.

B. Phillip's job is done at this point. He is basically on the sidelines for energy so I have no problem with HIM doing this at that time. If it were HCMR I may see it differently, but then again maybe not. 

• Plus1 3

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Before this turns into a long discussion; I have zero problems with players having fun.  I really don't have a problem with coaches celebrating.  I've followed runs down the sideline with fist in the air before and have been a huge cheerleader.

My problem with this is that it is 2 plays after the go ahead touchdown.  Let the fans and teammates be happy and pump up the defense.  I just don't see why a staff member needs to be acting like he's at a party in that situation.  In my mind: he should be reminding those guys that there is still 17 minutes left and to be ready to finish it off.

Again, just my "unfun"husker opinion.

He's a strength coach/get back coach.  He is pretty much a cheerleader on game day

5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

A. Kalu didn't play a snap in this game so I'm not too worried about his focus, though I'm sure he was focused on the game.

B. Phillip's job is done at this point. He is basically on the sidelines for energy so I have no problem with HIM doing this at that time. If it were HCMR I may see it differently, but then again maybe not. 

If Riley did it I would be amazed.  I am pretty sure he takes a few Ambiens before the game.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

If Riley did it I would be amazed.  I am pretty sure he takes a few Ambiens before the game.

He has to get into that perfect ambien trance or else he will start destroying things on the sidelines when bad stuff happens. It's been the secret to his calm and collected demeanor all this time lol

15 hours ago, funhusker said:

I want focus when a game is still in doubt.

Anyone here have stressful points at work, or a high-stress job in general?  Mine isn't a peach most days and I can tell you breaking focus for a quick second is massively beneficial in regrouping and maintaining focus over a long period of time.  Little breaks and moments of levity, like this, should be encouraged and I was happy to see it.