The Diaco Love...

huskerfan69

I hear ya and agree. But when you have the absolute tire fire that is our offense, if you are looking for bright spots the D is it. The D also seems to be adapting and getting more aggressive as the offense regresses to the point of s#!tting itself. So while the majority of this coaching staff makes me ill at this point as they continue to use the same failed approaches game after game, Diaco showing adaptation is encouraging 

• Plus1 2

I am still undecided on Diaco, but hard to not see improvement.  Regardless of quality of opponents, the D has shown improvement since the 2nd half vs Oregon.  When you have your QB spotting teams points, it hurts.  When your play calling puts you right back on the field, it hurts.  One thing I like is the continued evolution of getting pressure.  Today, although Rutgers, we saw a lot of stunts and blitzes.  I also witnessed CB's playing press coverage!  I really like the fact he is playing a lot of guys.  Some due to injuries and some by design.  He is building depth.  Something Cav seems completely unable to or simply chooses not to......

Hearing/reading all the pre-season hype I thought the O would have to cover the D to keep us in games.  Score often and a lot.  4 games in, I realize that the D will have to carry this team if we want to continue to win.

• Plus1 1

I'm loving Diaco because in game 1 everyone was freaking out that we had no pressure ect ect. and while we still struggle in areas, I saw legitimate attempts to fix what has been hurting us so far on D this year. We rushed 5 ALOT. We blitzed the corner. We played some press coverage.

Many, myself included, thought Diaco may be too stubborn to change the way he runs the D and thought we were going to see a 3 man rush, huge cushions and soft zones every play all year. Obviously that is a bit hyperbolic but point is Diaco has made adjustments and is trying what he can to remedy the issues we have seen thus far.

I commend the guy, he is working with a young defense and has done a good job thus far in my view of bringing them up to speed on his philosophy and then adjusting that philosophy to find what works best with the guys we have. I think if Diaco remains aggressive and unpredictable in his play calling we will be fine 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I'm loving Diaco because in game 1 everyone was freaking out that we had no pressure ect ect. and while we still struggle in areas, I saw legitimate attempts to fix what has been hurting us so far on D this year. We rushed 5 ALOT. We blitzed the corner. We played some press coverage.

Many, myself included, thought Diaco may be too stubborn to change the way he runs the D and thought we were going to see a 3 man rush, huge cushions and soft zones every play all year. Obviously that is a bit hyperbolic but point is Diaco has made adjustments and is trying what he can to remedy the issues we have seen thus far.

I commend the guy, he is working with a young defense and has done a good job thus far in my view of bringing them up to speed on his philosophy and then adjusting that philosophy to find what works best with the guys we have. I think if Diaco remains aggressive and unpredictable in his play calling we will be fine 

As I'm always saying, don't judge a blitz until you see it fail. Fans generally want to be more aggressive than the one calling the plays, because they can afford to do so.

Today, Diaco could afford up do so, because Rutgers never handed him the check.

7 hours ago, lo country said:

One thing I like is the continued evolution of getting pressure.  Today, although Rutgers, we saw a lot of stunts and blitzes.  I also witnessed CB's playing press coverage!

There were several fronts and a lot of different coverages played in this game. In the end none of that mattered, Rutgers didn't really respond to any of it. Good practice, though.

• Plus1 1