Is Mike Riley married to Tanner Lee

Huskerfan55

8 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Well if he continues to ride the horse called tanner, I believe it will take him right out of Lincoln.

no question about it, the guy throws pic 6's every game! some of this i blame on the coaches, teach the kid to stop forcing the ball......his down field vision is pathetic, he can't see coverage and DB's breaking to his throws.......he too often stares down his receiver........he is a Tulane QB. He is playing worse here, by stats, than he did at Tulane. Riley crows by his game experience, he shows me nothing. He is the one guy that will kill Riley's slim chance to remain here. So, here we are, without a decent QB, again......this sucks!

Needless to say, this situation has been a fiery disappointment. He's thrown more interceptions than TA did all of last year and he's leading the nation in interceptions. This simply isn't good enough and, after four games, the problem hasn't improved. He threw a pick off his back foot, he threw a dud of a screen pass and then immediately threw a pick six after the failed screen pass.

I'm not usually a "put in the back up" type of guy, but, I can't help but shake my head at what we're seeing.

• Plus1 5
6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Needless to say, this situation has been a fiery disappointment. He's thrown more interceptions than TA did all of last year and he's leading the nation in interceptions. This simply isn't good enough and, after four games, the problem hasn't improved. He threw a pick off his back foot, he threw a dud of a screen pass and then immediately threw a pick six after the failed screen pass.

I'm not usually a "put in the back up" type of guy, but, I can't help but shake my head at what we're seeing.

At a minimum he should have sat out the next series after the back foot pick. I don't put a loss on a single play or player, but he has put us in some very bad situations and made if very difficult to win games.

• Plus1 1

What's so frustrating in general is that it's just the epitome of our whole situation. 

We recruit two four start quarterbacks but start a transfer that's a junior that throws into double coverage constantly. Like, if it was O'brien doing it you could at least say, "Well, he's trying to get his bearings." But it's a Junior transfer. 

The problem is that this offense just can't work with a QB that doesn't check down. There are just too many passing plays in the offense. 

Langsdorf is completely asinine if he doesn't eliminate that stretch play from our playbook. Most of the time we run it, it honestly looks as if not a single one of our 11 players is good enough to execute it. So stop doing it.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Langsdorf is completely asinine if he doesn't eliminate that stretch play from our playbook. Most of the time we run it, it honestly looks as if not a single one of our 11 players is good enough to execute it. So stop doing it.

Kind of like that counter play they run a bunch. Even the announcers pointed out 'hey, maybe they should stop doing that play' because it looks like hot garbage.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Kind of like that counter play they run a bunch. Even the announcers pointed out 'hey, maybe they should stop doing that play' because it looks like hot garbage.

You mean the one where the Safety stopped covering the wideout AT ALL and blitzed into the backfield to disrupt the play like four straight times?  Yeah, that's a little baffling.

It's like there's nobody in the booth watching that saying, "Maybe if we did play-action on that our WR would be open for a big gain. We should try that." 

• Plus1 2
41 minutes ago, ZRod said:

At a minimum he should have sat out the next series after the back foot pick. I don't put a loss on a single play or player, but he has put us in some very bad situations and made if very difficult to win games.

That's where I'm at.  I don't really like to second guess the coaches, but even I thought Lee should watch from the sidelines for a series or two.  You don't have to permanently demote him all at once, but let him cool his heels a bit and watch.  It also gives your number 2 guy a few live game snaps for experience.  POB is one play away from being our starter.  Makes me scratch my head and say things like "dadgummit!"

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You mean the one where the Safety stopped covering the wideout AT ALL and blitzed into the backfield to disrupt the play like four straight times?  Yeah, that's a little baffling.

It's like there's nobody in the booth watching that saying, "Maybe if we did play-action on that our WR would be open for a big gain. We should try that." 

Oh yes I remember that. I'll have to go back and watch some of the game but I also think one of those safety blitz was on a straight zone play up the middle and it went nowhere.