Just watched replay

mwj98

I couldnt watch the game yesterday, so I recorded it and watched it today. I really wanted to know what was going on with this team. I tried to get updates via the board, sorry you guys are all wound up game day. I mean that with respect. :).  I watched a couple series and quickly realized two things. Pad level. We are, what my dad used to say "titty fightin" Way way too high at the point of attack.  Secondly, too many missed tackles. I was baffled, so I continied to watch. Lee is rattled. Needs to be sat down and relax. The stage is too big for him right now. Also, he needs to maybe check out of plays when he sees LB's creeping up. 

Like I said. I didnt see the game live. I am not bashing or being negative. I was completely confused watching the recording. If I am wrong, call me out. Defense played well. Had no idea we had another pick 6. He threw into triple coverage. Wow!

GBR! 

24 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

I couldnt watch the game yesterday, so I recorded it and watched it today. I really wanted to know what was going on with this team. I tried to get updates via the board, sorry you guys are all wound up game day. I mean that with respect. :).  I watched a couple series and quickly realized two things. Pad level. We are, what my dad used to say "titty fightin" Way way too high at the point of attack.  Secondly, too many missed tackles. I was baffled, so I continied to watch. Lee is rattled. Needs to be sat down and relax. The stage is too big for him right now. Also, he needs to maybe check out of plays when he sees LB's creeping up. 

Like I said. I didnt see the game live. I am not bashing or being negative. I was completely confused watching the recording. If I am wrong, call me out. Defense played well. Had no idea we had another pick 6. He threw into triple coverage. Wow!

GBR! 

I guess the stage was too big for Lee at Tulane...cause he had the same stats

• Plus1 3
31 minutes ago, mwj98 said:

GBR! 

So..... Most of the problems you seen were on defense? Maybe watch it a 2nd time:lol:

• Plus1 3

"he needs to maybe check out of plays when he sees....." This might be a bit of an understatement.

I'd have to watch it again (which I'm not going to do) to see if we had a lot of missed tackles but I can tell you unequivocally that is not what stood out to me when I watched it live. I sensed a lot more problems on the offensive side of the ball.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, mwj98 said:

GBR! 

that pick into triple coverage is baffling- he had plenty of time to get out the box and throw it away, or scramble for a few but he stared down three Rutgers guys and threw it to them like he was playing hot potato 

• Plus1 1

I think Lee is better under center. I would like to see way more of that going forward. He also has his mind made up without going through progressions which is evident for all the picks thrown. I have no explanation for his pick when he just lofted a duck in the wind off his back foot to a 5'9 receiver in double coverage...:facepalm:

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I think Lee is better under center. I would like to see way more of that going forward. He also has his mind made up without going through progressions which is evident for all the picks thrown. I have no explanation for his pick when he just lofted a duck in the wind off his back foot to a 5'9 receiver in double coverage...:facepalm:

Me either. I had hoped we moved past that sort of thing - there are absolutely no excuses for the YOLO passes. On a somewhat related note: do we not have any speed at WR? It doesn't seem like our receivers have had much success getting behind defenses this year. 

6 minutes ago, khaake said:

Me either. I had hoped we moved past that sort of thing - there are absolutely no excuses for the YOLO passes. On a somewhat related note: do we not have any speed at WR? It doesn't seem like our receivers have had much success getting behind defenses this year. 

It's tough to run deep routes when the o-line can't protect the passer.  However, I don't think our WR's our super burners.  Lindsey is probably the fastest, but he's limited in what he knows about the offense.  I would think it would be worth trying a couple deep passes to Lindsey every game though.  At least it would keep the defense honest a bit.  They have no concern about NU going deep right now.

6 minutes ago, unlfan said:

I do... he is a bad quarterback. Stats at Tulane say so. Stats at Nebraska say so. Time to just accept it.

I've accepted that he isn't good and called for POB, but for some reason Riley will never do so. He leads the nation in picks and we won't give the heralded 4* backup a chance. I would be looking for schools already if I was O'Brien. I just stated if we keep Lee in, that he is better under center from what I've seen this far. 

I am not one who typically piles on in debates over which player should be playing over another player.

However, I'm failing to see a reason not to give POB some time to see what he can do.  I haven't been in practice so, I have no clue if he is better than Lee or not.  However, the constant interceptions and pick sixs are unacceptable in this type of offense with a player who is supposed to be a good pocket passer.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I am not one who typically piles on in debates over which player should be playing over another player.

However, I'm failing to see a reason not to give POB some time to see what he can do.  I haven't been in practice so, I have no clue if he is better than Lee or not.  However, the constant interceptions and pick sixs are unacceptable in this type of offense with a player who is supposed to be a good pocket passer.

The little I saw of POB and Lee in the spring game, I thought Lee looked quite a bit better, but given Lee's struggles in games to this point I don't have a problem with giving POB a shot. Maybe he will prove to be better under pressure.

45 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I've accepted that he isn't good and called for POB, but for some reason Riley will never do so. He leads the nation in picks and we won't give the heralded 4* backup a chance. I would be looking for schools already if I was O'Brien. I just stated if we keep Lee in, that he is better under center from what I've seen this far. 

Reminds me of 2007 in so many ways.  BC stuck wt Keller instead of going wt Ganz - the players all knew Ganz was better but BC had a vested interest in Keller.  Eventually Keller gets injured and Ganz comes in I think wt 3 games remaining.  The next year, under Bo, Ganz proved to be the real deal.  Of course BC's big issue was also sticking wt Cosgrove and his D.  Like MR sticking wt Cav and Langs.  Cav, especially hasn't proved he's up to the level of coaching we need here.  Langs play calling has me scratching my head. If he is the "QB Wisperer" then why is Tanner doing so poorly and why isn't POB ready to jump in and make a difference when Lee can't get it done.  :dunno  If they know their jobs are on the line, I would think they would make some dramatic moves to get the offense going.

Holy $hit. Just rewatched part of the game, the WR and TE's we are currently sending on the field is pathetic. 

Consistently playing Rahn, Young, Claussen....especially at the same time is disastrous. Ketter and Hoppes are getting killed at the LOS. 

We started the 2nd half with: Rahn, Young, Hoppes, Ketter. Tell me why any defense isn't going to stack the box and attack the LOS. 

Not to mention we don't have a guy that has shown the ability to make a defense pay deep consistently....Cameron Brown needs to get here asap.

Dr. Route/Savage Professional needs to quit whiffing in recruiting and bring is some ball players. 

Rant over.....

Oh ya and Sedrick King should never play a meaningful snap again. 

And Kieron Williams is a helluva luxury as your 4th safety (probably 5th if Domann wasn't hurt).

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Holy $hit. Just rewatched part of the game, the WR and TE's we are currently sending on the field is pathetic. 

Consistently playing Rahn, Young, Claussen....especially at the same time is disastrous. Ketter and Hoppes are getting killed at the LOS. 

We started the 2nd half with: Rahn, Young, Hoppes, Ketter. Tell me why any defense isn't going to stack the box and attack the LOS. 

Not to mention we don't have a guy that has shown the ability to make a defense pay deep consistently....Cameron Brown needs to get here asap.

Dr. Route/Savage Professional needs to quit whiffing in recruiting and bring is some ball players. 

Rant over.....

Oh ya and Sedrick King should never play a meaningful snap again. 

And Kieron Williams is a helluva luxury as your 4th safety (probably 5th if Domann wasn't hurt).

Forgot: It is inexcusable for us to trotting out the WR's we are and Tyjon Lindsey not getting a single touch. 

• Plus1 4