New OC Names

If Riley is made to make changes for the entire offense it is a waste of time and energy for the program. No matter who he hires the "It's a new system" scapegoat for how mediocre we are next year, and it would also mean the offense is forced to start over and rebuild next season. Ultimately Riley doesn't last more then 2 or 3 years and we are once again rebuilding and installing a new system. So do we really want to rebuild and install a new system two times in 5 years? Or just move on after this year and learn one new system?

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

If Riley is here, Langs isn't going anywhere.

A lot of folks thought he'd stick with Mark Banker forever too, but he surprised them. Plus, my personal opinion is if Riley is still here next year he'll probably be told Langs and Cav are going to be gone. I have nothing to back this up, just a gut feeling.

2 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Riley is past the point of replacing assistant coaches. He's replaced most of his coaching staff already and he still has issues. This mess is on him.

No kidding.  I don't think any coach should be able to replace nearly 100% of his original coaching staff within 3 years and keep his job.  Eventually the axe has to come for the head coach, which it should.

• Plus1 1

19 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

A lot of folks thought he'd stick with Mark Banker forever too, but he surprised them. Plus, my personal opinion is if Riley is still here next year he'll probably be told Langs and Cav are going to be gone. I have nothing to back this up, just a gut feeling.

If Riley is retained, the only coach we know is going to be shown the door is Cavanaugh (and for good reason). 

Langsdorf may be able to buy another year by throwing Cavanaugh under the bus if we go 7-5/8-4. Anything less, and if the AD sticks with Riley, I'd suspect they'll want a new OC hire to compliment the Diaco hire. 

30 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

If Riley is retained, the only coach we know is going to be shown the door is Cavanaugh (and for good reason). 

Langsdorf may be able to buy another year by throwing Cavanaugh under the bus if we go 7-5/8-4. Anything less, and if the AD sticks with Riley, I'd suspect they'll want a new OC hire to compliment the Diaco hire. 

Langsdorf has generally been throwing Cav under the bus all season.

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

It's pretty easy to see, at least IMO, that Langsdorf is part of the problem. If I can see that as fan I'm assuming any AD worth a darn is going to see that as well. I mean we've had back-to-back QB's that don't seem to be able to realize they can go through their progressions and hit their check downs when the receivers are covered down field. That's just one example.

Such a long shot that Riley is retained, can't see them wanting to give Riley another chance to make AC changes. Should have been taken care of last year with the major changes.

Riley's/Lang's offense produced a ton of INTs at Oregon State and has here as well. This year is probably the highest rate per pass but it's been a problem for them since the beginning. Riley just never evolved to a more efficient type of offense.