A Case for Trev Alberts

ScawFraw

1 minute ago, RedRedJarvisRedwine said:

So basically influencing him to hire Frost then.

Hey, you're quick. It was more a joke but depicts how I think things will go down. I doubt any booster googled good coaches, found Riley's name and told Eichorst to hire him. The Rambo approach won't happen this time. IF they want Frost then Trev or whoever is the next AD will be hired with the understanding that getting Frost is expected of them.

2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

I'm certain Eichorst didn't let the inmates influence his decision to hire Riley. 

When Trev is hired to bring in Frost I don't think anyone will influence his decision to hire Frost. As long as he hires Frost.

This is the feeling I've always had when TO was brought in as AD.  Nobody influenced TO's decision to hire Bo as long as he hired Bo. 

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

This is the feeling I've always had when TO was brought in as AD.  Nobody influenced TO's decision to hire Bo as long as he hired Bo. 

Do you think TO would take the job under those terms? I have my doubts unless he saw bigger things that he could accomplish so he made that compromise. 

The state of the program was pretty low in 07'.  Homecoming against Okie State was nothing short of brutal.  I think TO was brought in to put a calm into the fan base where it was basically panicking and divided.  I also don't think it was a coincidence that TO resigned from being the AD after the 12' season where we got spanked in the B1G Championship and beat rather handily in the bowl game.   

3 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

The state of the program was pretty low in 07'.  Homecoming against Okie State was nothing short of brutal.  I think TO was brought in to put a calm into the fan base where it was basically panicking and divided.  I also don't think it was a coincidence that TO resigned from being the AD after the 12' season where we got spanked in the B1G Championship and beat rather handily in the bowl game.   

We knew he was going to retire before the B1G championship game.

• Plus1 1

On 9/26/2017 at 10:29 AM, Mavric said:

Word is the Powers That Be have big time boosters in their ears about who should be the next AD.  You can guess who that is.

Also, word is a bunch of those boosters were at least as interested in the UCF/Maryland game as the Husker game last weekend.

Wow, really? 

I may have to take a peak at what UCF is doing then.  Please tell me it wasn't because of Maryland

On 9/26/2017 at 0:17 PM, 4skers89 said:

I'm certain Eichorst didn't let the inmates influence his decision to hire Riley. 

When Trev is hired to bring in Frost I don't think anyone will influence his decision to hire Frost. As long as he hires Frost.

Then you’re kinda missing the point if it’s just Trev and Scott you’re after.