Rimington named Interim AD

2 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Improve the walk on program. Any other long term goals that he wants to accomplish in the next 60 days?

I think the problem is we have too many walk-ons playing.  How many former walk-ons were playing WR and TE last weekend?  Maybe we shouldn't have given them scholly's?  maybe that would make people feel better?

I was listening to a local sports commentator (can't remember who it was) but they made the comment that when John Cook was asked what he wanted to see in an AD, Coach Cook said he would like to have an AD who has been a coach.  That way the person would understand the business aspect of the job but also be able to understand what the coaches are going through.  I like that idea as well.  As an educator, I always loved it when we got a principal who had also been a classroom teacher.  That type of administrator had been in the trenches and understood what the job took day in and day out.  That kind of thinking would give Nebraska a bigger field to choose from with regards to a permanent AD.  That person wouldn't necessarily have to have Nebraska ties but having that coaching experience would be a plus. (Love it that Dave R. is our interim AD.  Great guy!).

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I liked the part of when Dave was to meet with Green and Bounds.  Dave was at their office about 15-30 minutes early, because that's what Nebraskans do, show up early for things.  It made me smile because I always try to be early to appointments or meetings, and one of my biggest pet peeves is people who are late.

Yeah, I brought that same attitude to California, and it really confuses folks around here. 

I no longer get to the airport 2 hours early. Over the years I've whittled that down to 80 minutes. 

I am reading that it could take until Thanksgiving to find a full-time AD.  I would prefer that they find someone in October to allow that person time to observe the football program and Riley's leadership style so that person is prepared to make a move should the season not go the way we want it to.  I do not agree with Epley's comments that Riley needs more time to bring in talent.  There is enough talent on this team to have a better record than 4-6 in our last 10 games.

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I absolutely HATE being late for something.  And....it pisses me off when some people are constantly late and don't give a crap about everyone else's time.

Same here.  I ended a friendship with a guy who, if he bothered showing up at all, was 2-4 hours late to a board game we scheduled, or even meeting at a bar or night club for a night of festivities. 

3 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

I am reading that it could take until Thanksgiving to find a full-time AD.  I would prefer that they find someone in October to allow that person time to observe the football program and Riley's leadership style so that person is prepared to make a move should the season not go the way we want it to.  I do not agree with Epley's comments that Riley needs more time to bring in talent.  There is enough talent on this team to have a better record than 4-6 in our last 10 games.

As has been discussed extensively here and elsewhere.  Yes, there is talent on this roster, but there is no depth.  Now why that is can be debated, but the fact remains there is a lack of talented depth on the team right now.

60 days would put the maximum end date at Thanksgiving weekend. So it's pretty safe to say we should have a permanent AD in place by the end of the regular season if Riley is to be axed by then. (I guess theoretically Rimington could can Riley on his last day, lol.)

Just now, soup said:

As has been discussed extensively here and elsewhere.  Yes, there is talent on this roster, but there is no depth.  Now why that is can be debated, but the fact remains there is a lack of talented depth on the team right now.

I think there is as much depth now as there was prior to his arrival, yet he seems to be struggling beating teams that should be handled easily.  In my mind a good coach finds ways to overcome a talent gap or depth issues, and puts his team in position to win no matter what.  This is what appears to be lacking from Riley and the staff.  On paper we have 3 QB currently who are way better than any QBs we had from 2010 to 2016.  There is no excuse that we are leading the nation in INTs at this point, and that is just one example at one position.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, soup said:

Soup, are you trying to suggest that the fact we're on our 3rd stringer at RT, our 2nd at RB, S, S, CB, WR, and C could possibly hurt our team?