Rimington named Interim AD

Rimmington is a good temp hire.  This is somewhat a surprise that he doesn't want the gig full time, but interim only.  Fresh set of eyes, view points and an understanding of the landscape of football in general is needed.  I agree with who ever mentioned that they have a full time AD they want and are waiting for the transition phase to take place.  As far as moving forward with a new coach, thats all up in the air.  The time line does say that the new AD would make that decision based on what happens during Rimmingtons time here.  I am guessing that is a fair move for both the school and Dave.  

So, is it an assumption that Trev is the going to be the full time guy and Dave is putting in place that transition?  Is this a coop from a standpoint of two heads are better than one strategy?  Dave has been in New York for some time, and Trev has been near and dearly close living in Omaha.  So right now, we have two different sets of eyes evaluating the team going forward.  Grasping at straws, but in all seriousness, I don't understand the interim tag for only 60 days.  Those 60 are up the Sunday after Black Friday..................?

4 minutes ago, Nebhawk said:

So, is it an assumption that Trev is the going to be the full time guy and Dave is putting in place that transition?  Is this a coop from a standpoint of two heads are better than one strategy?  Dave has been in New York for some time, and Trev has been near and dearly close living in Omaha.  So right now, we have two different sets of eyes evaluating the team going forward.  Grasping at straws, but in all seriousness, I don't understand the interim tag for only 60 days.  Those 60 are up the Sunday after Black Friday..................?

Feldman wrote a paragraph suggesting Nebraska wants to hire Alberts/Frost. It'll be everywhere shortly.

56 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

I am reading that it could take until Thanksgiving to find a full-time AD.  I would prefer that they find someone in October to allow that person time to observe the football program and Riley's leadership style so that person is prepared to make a move should the season not go the way we want it to.  I do not agree with Epley's comments that Riley needs more time to bring in talent.  There is enough talent on this team to have a better record than 4-6 in our last 10 games.

If you listen to all of what Eply said, he said MR has a good plan in place, talent level has improved over the last 3 years, depth still need to be brought up, team strength is improving, and finally said we should let MR have the time to fit the right talent for his system. 

I hold Eply's opinion and first hand knowledge in high regard. Do you have a good reason why we shouldn't take him at his word?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

If you listen to all of what Eply said, he said MR has a good plan in place, talent level has improved over the last 3 years, depth still need to be brought up, team strength is improving, and finally said we should let MR have the time to fit the right talent for his system. 

I hold Eply's opinion and first hand knowledge in high regard. Do you have a good reason why we shouldn't take him at his word?

Just because the man was a pioneer in the weight room/training field doesn't mean he knows anything about evaluating a football program. I don't value his opinion on this much more than anyone else's. 

• Plus1 1

Yeah, it's not like he's going to say anything other than that.

There is really nothing in the recruiting rankings that shows that to be true.  We've at best stayed level.

The only possible caveat is that Boyd seemed to be more referencing "athletes" which isn't necessarily the same thing as "football players."  Some guys have athletic ability that doesn't always translate into being a better football player than someone else who isn't quite as athletic.  So that would be possible but seems like a reach and hope at best.

Or I guess technically he could be referring to some of the guys who we've had on campus but aren't necessarily enrolled yet.  We've been in on some higher-ranked guys the last couple years but haven't landed them.  And we're in on some guys this year.  But that's kind of a misleading statement if that's what he was talking about.

34 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Just because the man was a pioneer in the weight room/training field doesn't mean he knows anything about evaluating a football program. I don't value his opinion on this much more than anyone else's. 

You called into question his evaluation of the team's talent level.  Now you're attacking his credibility and suggesting a New Jersey housewife could offer up just as valuable an opinion on the current state of Nebraska football talent. 

You went from a garden shovel to trackhoe in two posts.  Can't wait to see what you start digging with next.

27 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Too lazy to go research.  BB..are you on the "get a Nebraska guy" train, or the "Nebraska ties don't matter" train of thought when it comes to hiring the AD and/or next coach?

6 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

You called into question his evaluation of the team's talent level.  Now you're attacking his credibility and suggesting a New Jersey housewife could offer up just as valuable an opinion on the current state of Nebraska football talent. 

You went from a garden shovel to trackhoe in two posts.  Can't wait to see what you start digging with next.

This was my first post regarding Eply, Einstein. 

And New Jersey housewife? Is 'Real Housewives' on your television right now? Be honest.

4 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Too lazy to go research.  BB..are you on the "get a Nebraska guy" train, or the "Nebraska ties don't matter" train of thought when it comes to hiring the AD and/or next coach?

It really doesn't matter too me. I guess I'd like to see the best guy be a "Nebraska guy", but if he's not than I'm okay with that too. I do like the Rimington appointment, and I know he's not a candidate for the permanent position, but I wish he was.

Just now, B.B. Hemingway said:

It really doesn't matter too me. I guess I'd like to see the best guy be a "Nebraska guy", but if he's not than I'm okay with that too. I do like the Rimington appointment, and I know he's not a candidate for the permanent position, but I wish he was.

Same here on both counts.  I want the "best" candidate available.  If that guy happens to have Nebraska ties, all the better.  I've been a huge Rimington fan for a long time and think he's the perfect fit for this interim spot.  Don't know enough about his experience to say the same long term.