Trump's Tax Plan

sho

On 12/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, commando said:

what if a democrat disguised himself as a republican and wrote a quick tax bill and dropped it on donnies desk to sign?   it's crazy enough that it just might work.

If said democrat dressed as a republican was a white, male and told Donnie he was a super successfull business man with an amazing golf swing it would not get a second glance.  MAGA.

21 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This should be required viewing and coupled with a video explaining how people making less than $75k will ultimately pay for these tax breaks because of how the tax rates are structured over time. Here's an article that shows this in a graph (the source of the article's data is the Joint Committee on Taxation, Congress’s official nonpartisan analysts):

2300-taxratechange2.jpg

@BigRedBuster That really was a great video. Thanks for posting.

Those opposed to this tax bill would do well to find someone who can explain why this bill is such a fraud in such a simple way. Key to stoking opposition to a big piece of legislation is breaking it down into simple concepts that everyone can easily grasp. The GOP did this with the ACA - repeated effective talking points ad nauseum - and now the opposition to this bill will need to do the same.

Red, your point is correct as well. It's compounded when you consider Paul Ryan has set his sights on offsetting the bill by slashing into Medicare/Medicaid/Social Security next year.

Average Americans really rely on those programs to provide a decent quality of life.

You know who doesn't have to rely on the social safety net very much? The wealthy.

• Plus1 2
14 hours ago, Bornhusker said:

In my opinion, this really should be moved because you can't comment without going away from football.

Tax breaks, whether some like to call them trickle down or not do work. It does put more money in the citizens hands.. some save more, and some spend more but it does make a difference.

Who can say they have actually read the bill, and what they are saying isn't just regurgitated hate for anything a certain side puts out there?

Or isn't wind being blown up our skirts by a certain side that continually pushes supply side economics even though it always puts us into debt?  Just keeping it even ;) 

On 12/16/2017 at 9:29 AM, Bornhusker said:

In my opinion, this really should be moved because you can't comment without going away from football.

Tax breaks, whether some like to call them trickle down or not do work. It does put more money in the citizens hands.. some save more, and some spend more but it does make a difference.

Who can say they have actually read the bill, and what they are saying isn't just regurgitated hate for anything a certain side puts out there?

Well said...this tax bill is macroeconomics 101.  I went to a liberal arts university with very liberal econ professors and they even stated that tax cuts/reductions are always a better way to boost and sustain an economy than increasing government spending.  I have parents who have been small business owners for years, and I can tell you that higher taxes and increased regulations do have a inverse relationship with their ability to grow and hire, and with them living in a very high tax high regulation state (Illinois), it was a double whammy during the prior administration.  I do worry about what the tax bill will do to the national debt, but there are so many other stronger contributors to that debt (such as entitlement reform) that both parties need to have the courage to deal with. 

As it relates to impacting Husker sports and ticket sales, whatever small donors may lose in a charitable tax deduction they may see an even greater gain with the increase in the standard deduction and reductions in their individual tax rates.  I don't think it will be easy to make a blanket statement that the tax bill will have an overall positive or negative impact on Husker athletics as it really depends on each individual situation.  Plus, I also agree with a prior comment that many who are donating do so because they love NU athletics and not because they want a charitable deduction on their tax bill.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks for doing your part to keep this thread about how it will affect Husker athletics.

:facepalm:

Glad I could help. At the end of the day we have no idea right now how it will affect Husker athletics. In reality with the money involved I would guess there will be little or no affect.:thumbs

43 minutes ago, Horace said:

Basically everyone is going to die because of this tax plan. At least that is what the #fakenews MSM media and the democlowns will tell you! You'll all be okay.

41 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks for doing your part to keep this thread about how it will affect Husker athletics.

:facepalm:

This is why we can't have nice things on the internet anymore. 

• Plus1 2