Trump's Tax Plan

sho

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/31/2018 at 7:17 PM, 45timesbetterthanemptysuit said:

More good news from the tax plan!

Hopefully this will lead to real development and not gentrification and the ultimate displacement of the very people its meant to benefit.

Just got around to researching this, seems like an idea that is being recycled after it has failed a number of times already and there is quite a bit of research that shows these types of 'zones' don't work as intended.  Here, here, and here.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, dudeguyy said:

I found this an interesting barometer of where we're at with the tax plan.

I'm wondering why the bonuses aren't permanent raises since they are "linked" to the tax break. If you can afford it one time and the tax cut is permanent why can't you afford it permanently?

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

I found this an interesting barometer of where we're at with the tax plan.

Another point about this is that this is a big part of the reason why some stocks have risen in price so much.  It's being sold as how great the economy is going because Trump is our President.  In reality, it's not really.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...

Speaking of Wells Fargo:

My mom got denied for the first time ever, for a car loan, which she will be able to pay all but $3K off of when she gets the insurance $ for the wreck. So she had me co-sign with her. I got a letter saying they had denied me as well, which is also the first time for me.

Turns out the financial institution is Wells Fargo and if we'd been approved the rate would have been over 16%. If they are that strict about taking on risk and their rates are high, that's not good.

36 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Speaking of Wells Fargo:

My mom got denied for the first time ever, for a car loan, which she will be able to pay all but $3K off of when she gets the insurance $ for the wreck. So she had me co-sign with her. I got a letter saying they had denied me as well, which is also the first time for me.

Turns out the financial institution is Wells Fargo and if we'd been approved the rate would have been over 16%. If they are that strict about taking on risk and their rates are high, that's not good.

I used to have people from WF call on our company saying they wanted to start a relationship and loan us money.  Every single time, they would get our information and then inform us that we were too big of a risk.

I would LOVE for that same guy to walk into our office so I could tell him that his bank is too big of a risk for me to put any money into.

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I used to have people from WF call on our company saying they wanted to start a relationship and loan us money.  Every single time, they would get our information and then inform us that we were too big of a risk.

I would LOVE for that same guy to walk into our office so I could tell him that his bank is too big of a risk for me to put any money into.

Ya. I kinda wanna tell her to tell the company (Woodhouse) to end their relationship with them. And they probably will if WF keeps pissing off their customers. She ended up getting one with a much better rate.

• 2 months later...