Trump's Tax Plan

sho

CONTACT YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVES TO LET THEM KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE POTENTIAL TAX REFORM PLAN:

(It hurts Native people, the sick, and women.)

Call/Email/Resistbot: Your 2 senators (look up here:  https://www.contactingcongress.org)

Script: Hi. I’m calling to oppose the Republican tax plan. Although I agree with the need for a simpler code, this plan would harm Alaska's Native communities by permitting drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. It would increase medical costs for the most vulnerable Americans. It would also override a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy. None of these issues are tax-related. I ask that Sen. [name] do two things: 1. vote against this plan, and 2. Insist on regular order to create a tax plan that works for all Americans. Thanks.

"My my comment was only about the attitude of, we shouldn’t care about these person like because they can just sell their business or farm to pay the taxes. "

There's a difference between "caring" and "targeting global policy wins at easing their tax burden at the expense of others."

The top 0.5% of earners have higher marginal tax rates, and they can easily afford to pay more. Increasing those marginal rates at the top is not "not caring about them just because they can afford it." 

Our policy priorities say a lot about who we are as a people, and what kind of a society we consider as our ideal. 

In case you were wondering, we're going to have to offset some of these massive cuts somehow. Looks like there's going to be a lot less money available for... actual people.

If this monstrosity passes, it will be hung around Republican necks like an anchor, as it well should be.

And if you thought people were p*ssed off at Trump and the GOP now, just wait until they eventually get to Social Security & Medicare...

10 hours ago, QMany said:

I would have to vote no also.

That is just something that sounds great in a sound bite, but in reality, it would be a nightmare to police and administer.

Just because something sounds good, doesn't mean it is feasible in real life.

This was nothing but a political move by the Dems and they knew it would never get put in the bill.

On 11/10/2017 at 1:04 PM, BigRedBuster said:

A serious question.

I'm wondering if there is a way to cut corporate taxes that would guarantee the cut would go to raising wages of the lower paid employees.

11 hours ago, QMany said:

29 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would have to vote no also.

That is just something that sounds great in a sound bite, but in reality, it would be a nightmare to police and administer.

Just because something sounds good, doesn't mean it is feasible in real life.

This was nothing but a political move by the Dems and they knew it would never get put in the bill.

:dunno

• Plus1 2