What happens when Frost or Trev turns Nebraska down?

soup

Since there is all this speculation out there that Frost is already the next head coach at NU, it's just a matter of when.

What happens if he turns them down?  It isn't far-fetched, he has already done it once when he was a player, and once when he was offered a coaching position, allegedly.

Who does Nebraska go after then?

What about if Trev turns them down.  There is just as much of a chance of this happening as it not.

• Plus1 2

My hunch is if Frost turns us down, we have an extended coaching search that might very well go deep into next season unless we have a 07' type season this year.  If Frost turns us down and we have a 07' type season, we probably see a knee jerk reaction and hire a Mullen type coach.  As far as Trev turning us down, I don't see this as a big deal.

• Plus1 1

I would imagine there's virtually no chance Alberts would turn down the job. Even if you take out the fact that he played at Nebraska, it's still a huge promotion and substantial pay increase.

All those things are true for Frost also. Let's not kid ourselves. The Nebraska head coaching job is still better than UCF. Any Group of Five head coach would have interest in Nebraska. Now they might not take the job or wait for a better job instead. But they wouldn't turn their nose at Nebraska unless there is a specific job they are waiting for.

If Baylor can get Matt Rhule, if Purdue can get Jeff Brohm and Minnesota can get P.J. Fleck, I think Nebraska could get Scott Frost if that's who they zeroed in on.

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

I'm pretty sure Riley was Eichorst's first choice, which is even worse

I think it's quite possible he also was Eichorst's first choice.  Here's what people really need to be asking themselves:  how would you feel about Riley had he been named the coach in 08' instead of Bo being named coach?  This really was the pinnacle of Riley's career where he was coming off of 9 and 10 win seasons finishing in the top 25.  Would you be willing to give him more time?  It's not so much that Riley was the wrong choice as much as it was the wrong time.