What happens when Frost or Trev turns Nebraska down?

soup

7 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

A little disappointed. I believe the athletic department needs right sized and Trev doesn't have a problem cutting things.

What exactly would you cut from the AD right now? 

13 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The World-Herald says he sent a memo to his staff that said he had been contacted by the search firm to interview for the position and he turned the opportunity down.

Personally, I'm glad he's not interviewing as I felt (and still do feel) there are much better candidates out there. I was disappointed in some of the things that happened surrounding football/wrestling at UNO (mainly with some behind the scenes and PR things) so I'm glad this is now something people can stop talking about.

I think it's a face-saving measure, but that's just my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Vizsla1 said:

Written this before and will write it again...

We should hire Coach Mike Riley for AD job...dead serious.  Great ambassador for the us...

So he can name Langsdorf the head coach?  No thanks.

I am sure Riley is a very nice man, but I wouldn't consider him a candidate for the AD job.  NU needs some new blood in here.

7 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

As in? 

I thought someone recently posted an article about how ADSE had created a wall of associate ADs. That should be looked into. I'm sure you'd find that the AD staff has grown over the years but the number of sports has remained the same. I'm not advocating cutting football staff. If anything it probably needs to grow to be competitive.  Although we're not seeing much improvements even though we recently increase the football staff, if I recall correctly.

5 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I thought someone recently posted an article about how ADSE had created a wall of associate ADs. That should be looked into. I'm sure you'd find that the AD staff has grown over the years but the number of sports has remained the same. I'm not advocating cutting football staff. If anything it probably needs to grow to be competitive.  Although we're not seeing much improvements even though we recently increase the football staff, if I recall correctly.

This I can get behind. Streamline access to the AD for your HCs. 

It's a real possibility Frost will pull his name out of consideration. If the wheels come off for Nebraska and this happens, then maybe it's best to think outside the box and talk $$$ and bring in a proven hot commodity, not someone who is on the up and up (Pelini/Frost), and not a coach who is damaged goods (Callahan/Riley)