Harbaugh on Frost

2 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

obviously you didn't watch the game, 2 turn-overs, some blocked kicks, certainly helped Michigan with the margin of victory

Isn't that what good teams do, though? They capitalize on mistakes made by the other team. I watched that game and I remember coming away thinking Michigan was obviously the better team, regardless of 'who outhit who.'

UCF was a 6-7 team last year and lost four games in conference. They weren't a good team. It's irrational to suggest UCF wins that game 66 percent of the time. Completely irrational. They'd still probably lose to Michigan again this year.

• Plus1 1

On 10/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, MattyIce said:

Listen, yes Riley has Cali connections.  But isn't it fair to say that Donte and Keith Williams are the ones with the real connections?

You just have to find the right recruiters. I'd 100% try to keep those two coaches for their recruiting ability at least.

Everybody wants these guys with Cali connections, which is fine, we need to recruit Cali. But i would really like to get some recruiters with southeast ties, Florida, Georgia, Carolinas, etc. We really need to start getting more recruits from the southeast imo. They grow em big, fast, and tough down there.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:02 AM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Here's the problem, we want to win games right? So what happens if Riley beats Wisconsin, keeps it close with Ohio State and wins the rest of the games minus say Penn State? Granted, I don't think that happens, but you can't fire a dude that takes us to Indy. Unless he decides to retire he'd get another year. His record would be 8-4 or maybe even 9-3. Makes it nearly impossible to fire him IMO.  

With the AD gone, I have to believe we have both a plan A and a plan B.  Plan A is simple.  If Riley loses a bunch of games, he's fired.  Plan B is also simple.  If Riley wins a bunch of games, he accepts a very lucrative retirement package.  I can't imagine a scenario where Riley is on our sideline next year while Frost gets gobbled up by another Power 5 in the offseason.  I don't think things would have been set in motion with Eichorst being fired if big changes weren't right around the corner. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Pedro Guerrero said:

How do we know other Power 5 schools even have him on their short lists?

That is a good question.  This is just a guess but if I was an AD...my short list would be in two parts.

Part I:  Established HC's

Part II:  Coordinators that have worked with established HC's

I think that Frost would fall into category II as of right now.  So I think he would be on the longer portion of the short list.  

11 hours ago, Whistlepig said:

obviously you didn't watch the game, 2 turn-overs, some blocked kicks, certainly helped Michigan with the margin of victory, and yes they out gained them in total yards, but held them to a 3.8 yd rushing average- my statement only seems absurd by the margin of victory- Haurbaugh knew he was lucky in those regards and Scotts statement was correct

90s nostalgic 90s commercials 90s toys stretch armstrong GIF

11 hours ago, Enhance said:

Isn't that what good teams do, though? They capitalize on mistakes made by the other team. I watched that game and I remember coming away thinking Michigan was obviously the better team, regardless of 'who outhit who.'

UCF was a 6-7 team last year and lost four games in conference. They weren't a good team. It's irrational to suggest UCF wins that game 66 percent of the time. Completely irrational. They'd still probably lose to Michigan again this year.

we'll see - UFC has 3 quality opponents they have to beat and if they do, they will be ranked higher than Michigan this year. lets see if those 2 things happen.

going from an 0-12 team to even 6-7 was a small miracle, and yes they did out hit Michigan, other than that obviously we have a difference of opinion- and your opinion happens to include that you think my opinion is irrational....ok 

7 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

we'll see - UFC has 3 quality opponents they have to beat and if they do, they will be ranked higher than Michigan this year. lets see if those 2 things happen.

going from an 0-12 team to even 6-7 was a small miracle, and yes they did out hit Michigan, other than that obviously we have a difference of opinion- and your opinion happens to include that you think my opinion is irrational....ok 

So if somehow UCF is ranked higher than Michigan at the end of the year they're better than Michigan?  On a side note, this is a really weird tangent.  

Just now, Xmas32 said:

So if somehow UCF is ranked higher than Michigan at the end of the year they're better than Michigan?  On a side note, this is a really weird tangent.  

well you sucked for it, and yes it would be irrational to think UFC wasn't the better team if at the end of the season they were ranked higher

On 10/4/2017 at 0:17 PM, Warrior said:

Honestly who will be the Power 5 short list for coaches this year.  I really think Frost will be on most of those lists not just Nebraska's .  Assuming they will be looking.

I think Frost will have to finish pretty well this year at UCF to be on multiple short lists. Granted, they're expected to do well, but only getting 8-ish wins probably won't put him on a lot of short lists.

• Plus1 1