Why we will beat Wiscy

I really do think we have a GREAT shot to beat the Badgers this weekend. No it is not false hope, but we match up very well with the Badgers offense. Hornibrook is a qb to not throw it deep, and with the way our front 7 has played, we can hold them under 20 for sure. If Tanner makes no dumb throws, him and the rb group can do enough for the win.

Oh and by the way, It is a night game, where no B1G team has came into Lincoln and won, EVER!

• Plus1 3

8 minutes ago, Excel said:

It's going to be a really great game, the last two times we've gone to Lincoln it's been close. I think your QB is going to have a tough time.  

Obviously your defense is salty as usual, but how's your secondary? Tanner can make a secondary look like the second coming of the Legion of Boom, but he was smarter with the ball against Illinois so there's a glimmer of hope he's improving with his decision making. 

29 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Obviously your defense is salty as usual, but how's your secondary? Tanner can make a secondary look like the second coming of the Legion of Boom, but he was smarter with the ball against Illinois so there's a glimmer of hope he's improving with his decision making. 

All but two are new but they've played very well up until the last ten minutes of the Northwestern game. That's Leonhard's bread and butter and I'm confident he will have them ready. Our Pass Defense was #10 in the country by yardage and #1 by TDs allowed this morning, and while that was against bad teams, they will still be the best you guys have yet to face, as you will be for us. If we lose it will be because we can't get our Offense clicking which I could see happening, it's already happened in the 1st halves of our Northwestern and Utah State games. This game is going to be close which is good, close night games are always fun. 

PS: I cannot sing Leonhard's praises enough, you all may be aware of him from a few media spots but the dude is legit. He's sort of Wisconsin's version of Scott Frost I guess. A walk-on with a successful NFL career and extremely high football IQ. He is the future of our program from a coaching perspective.

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Excel said:

All but two are new but they've played very well up until the last ten minutes of the Northwestern game. That's Leonhard's bread and butter and I'm confident he will have them ready. Our Pass Defense was #10 in the country by yardage and #1 by TDs allowed this morning, and while that was against bad teams, they will still be the best you guys have yet to face, as you will be for us. If we lose it will be because we can't get our Offense clicking which I could see happening, it's already happened in the 1st halves of our Northwestern and Utah State games. This game is going to be close which is good, close night games are always fun. 

PS: I cannot sing Leonhard's praises enough, you all may be aware of him from a few media spots but the dude is legit. He's sort of Wisconsin's version of Scott Frost I guess. A walk-on with a successful NFL career and extremely high football IQ. He is the future of our program from a coaching perspective.

One exception on the Frost comparison: Frost wasn't a walk on

2 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

One exception on the Frost comparison: Frost wasn't a walk on

Ah yea but I'm just saying, generally speaking, they're similar figures for both fan bases. Chryst has a similar story as well but I'm partial to Leonhard because he's from my part of the state.

anything can happen but like mike rileys over-all record, Lee has a bad history at Tulane and here, so I'm not sold on Lee NOT throwing a ton of picks- especially against a good team, which honestly, I'm not sure you can say we've actually played a real good team this year- this will be the first

I will be amped if we win, which I give us about a 17% chance.  But I won't ever be real happy until that CONFERENCE trophy is in Lincoln.

Wisconsin will outrush NU and make more catches when it counts.  They will be successful getting the edge because we still do not understand outside contain.  Their D will rattle and quite possibly knock Lee out of the game because we throw in predicted situations.  They will get two INT.  Our rushing game will get shut down due to lack of O-Line ability, and coaching staff commitment.

18 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I will be amped if we win, which I give us about a 17% chance.  But I won't ever be real happy until that CONFERENCE trophy is in Lincoln.

Wisconsin will outrush NU and make more catches when it counts.  They will be successful getting the edge because we still do not understand outside contain.  Their D will rattle and quite possibly knock Lee out of the game because we throw in predicted situations.  They will get two INT.  Our rushing game will get shut down due to lack of O-Line ability, and coaching staff commitment.

I would also agree with statement.  I think we have played the worst the B1G has to offer at this time, and haven't really destroyed anyone yet.  Now we getting ready to square off against maybe the 4th best team in the conference and this will be our best gauge on how we will compete going ahead.  They will bring the house on each play.  Lee is not mobile and our play calling is so predictable, they will have at least 4 sacks and probably 2 int's.

• Plus1 2