9/21/1974: Nebraska 20, Wisconsin 21 - Madison, WI

10/1/2011: Nebraska 17, Wisconsin 48 - Madison, WI

9/29/2012: Nebraska 30, Wisconsin 27 - Lincoln, NE

12/1/2012: Nebraska 31, Wisconsin 70 - Indianapolis, IN

11/15/2014: Nebraska 24, Wisconsin 59 - Madison, WI

10/10/2015: Nebraska 21, Wisconsin 23 - Lincoln, NE

10/26/2016: Nebraska 17, Wisconsin 23 - Overtime, Madison, WI

COACHES

Paul Chryst: Born in Madison, WI, native of Platteville, WI. Played QB at Wisconsin '86-88. Previous jobs of note: Oregon State OC/QB 1997-1998, San Diego Chargers TE 1999-2001, Wisconsin TE coach 2002, Oregon State OC/QB 2003-2004, Wisconsin co-OC/TE 2005, Wisconsin OC/QB 2006-2011, Pittsburgh HC 2012-2014. 

Overall Record: 44-25

At Wisconsin: 25-6

Record against unranked while ranked: 16-4

Record against uranked while ranked in top 10: 11-0

Mike Riley: Born in Wallace, ID, native of Corvallis, OR. Previous jobs of note: Oregon State HC 1997-1998, San Diego Chargers HC 1999-2001, Oregon State HC 2003-2014

Overall Record: 111-93

At Nebraska: 18-13

Record against Ranked: 18-46 (2-3 at NU)

Record against Top 10: 7-23 (1-1 at NU)

STATS

OFFENSE:

Total yards: Wisconsin 1839 (#62), Nebraska 1925 (#54) --- Throw this out, NU has played one more game

YPG: Wisconsin 460 (#35), Nebraska 385 (#87)

PPG: Wisconsin 40.8 (#22), Nebraska 30 (#65)

Rushing yards per game: Wisconsin 233.8 (#23), Nebraska 156.2 (#73)

Passing yards per game: Wisconsin 226 (#71), Nebraska 228 (#66)

Sacks allowed: Wisconsin 6 (#33), Nebraska 8 (#54)

Interceptions thrown: Wisconsin 3 (#43), Nebraska 9 (#126)

Completion percentage: Wisconsin 66.3% (#17), Nebraska 54.7 (#98)

DEFENSE:

Total yards allowed: Wisconsin 988 (#4), Nebraska 1669 (#59) --- Throw this out, NU has played one more game

YPG: Wisconsin 247 (#4), Nebraska 334 (#34)

PPG: Wisconsin 13.5 (#8), Nebraska 24.4 (#54)

Rushing yards allowed per game: Wisconsin 74.3 (#4), Nebraska 105.8 (#22)

Passing yards allowed per game: Wisconsin 172.8 (#23), Nebraska 228 (#65)

Sacks: Wisconsin 16 (#9), Nebraska 8 (#80)

Interceptions: Wisconsin 7 (#11), Nebraska 6 (#20)

NOTES:

The last time Nebraska lost a night game at home was 2008 against Missouri. 

The last time Wisconsin won a night game on the road was 2013 at Illinois, Wisconsin has never won a game on the road, at night, in front of a crowd of more than 50,000 fans unless you count 1995 Penn State which would have ended around 8PM.

The last time that a top Ten Wisconsin team lost to a non-ranked opponent was 2008 @ Michigan. 

• Plus1 5

I hate the trophy. It's corny and generic. There is nothing unique about it, any two schools could have it. 

I wish they'd used the same concept and had like one head but each side gets a face, one for Barry Alvarez and one for Bob Devaney and somehow make it red tinted. 

Or better yet make it a three headed bust with Devaney, Alvarez, and Hayden Fry. If one team (Iowa/Wisconsin/Nebraska) beats the other two in a year they get the trophy. 3-headed-knight.jpg

After watching the replay of the Illinois game a while ago, I am wondering what % of the time we were in the '3-4' as opposed to the 4-3?   I understand the schemes may call for 'disguising' the defensive alignments and attempting to confuse the O line and or QB or even opposing coaches, etc.   But, have we been mixing the 4-3 and sometimes even the 5-2 fronts all year or was this last game a new wrinkle?    We definately seem to stop the run better in the 4-3 or atleast more consistantly.  Not that we didn't do OK, at times, with a three man front but this will present some issues for Wisconsin in planning their attack if they don't really know which way will defend and attack.

I know Diaco seemed in his preseason pressers to give great weight to live game experience so it seems to me he has played soft / prevent early on in order to limit the big plays while getting as many live snaps to as many of his troops as possible.  This actually would have been VERY smart but for the offense failing to carry its weight against the non-con opponents.  All those pick 6s and crappy field positions, etc put a heavy load on the defense.   

In my view, on the whole, the defense has played better football, year to date, than the offense by a considerable margin.  If the O line was playing better, perhaps Lee would have thrown about 4 less INTs and maybe we win one more so far.  Being 4-1 with a lone loss to the Duckies wouldn't be all that far off from most predictions and I don't think Riley would on such a RED HOT seat.   Maybe, in the end, it all works out for the best as the team still has a chance to salvage a winning record and some kind of bowl game and atleast avoids the complete meltdown of a 2 or 3 win season.   Maybe.  

Saturday vs Wisconsin will be the deciding game on the rest of the season - in my opinion - we either win and likely finish out fairly well or we fall flat and likely tank the year.

I was very much afraid after NIU, we would tip over the edge into the abyss with Rutgers.  Fortunately, Rutgers and Illinois are not as good as NIU and maybe even Ark State.   Rutgers was better a couple years ago and not sure what happened to them.  Illinois has an exceptionally good coach but obviously they've made the long term commitment to rebuild by going 'all in' with the young to build experience and depth.  Something I wish we had done two years ago.  But, whatever ....

6 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Below are all the reasons we will beat Wisconsin:

It's clear you disagree with the thread and the premise, so if you can't advance the discussion, please don't post.

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Big red surfers said:

Maybe wisky gets lost on the way to the stadium,  maybe a voodoo witch doctor puts a spell on them OR this the game MR is not supposed to win game. 

if we get to choose one game to win (that we shouldn't), which do you choose:  Wiscy, Ohio State, Penn State?