Soooo UCF vs Nebraska.... who wins?

5 hours ago, Chumpy34 said:

I was trolling some UCF message boards and it sounds like Frost was a bit upset with the lack of crowd at the Memphis game.  Only 34k in the stands and was pretty empty until mid-way through the first half.  Posters on their message boards are all pretty much resigned to Frost leaving for Lincoln. 

Maybe that's what I was seeing in Frost's demeanor after the game.  Memphis was a big win for UCF but Scott didn't seem overly excited.  I assumed it was because he had a lot on his mind.  On one hand his team is doing great and he can see that he is building something.  On the other hand his alma mater's team is imploding and either he knows he'll get contacted to come to the rescue or already has.  Maybe I was reading too much into things but I felt sorry for him.  If the issue was lack of fan support forget the sympathy, a solution will soon present itself. 

31 minutes ago, shyndy said:

I was surprised with UCFs defense.  I honestly think they would beat us about the same as they beat Memphis.  They aren't as talented as Oregon on O but the type of offense they run would shred us.  And their D is good enough that I don't think we would score more than 20s.

Our defense keeps us from scoring.  We only had 3 possessions the first half of Illinois game.

50 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Maybe that's what I was seeing in Frost's demeanor after the game.  Memphis was a big win for UCF but Scott didn't seem overly excited.  I assumed it was because he had a lot on his mind.  

In his post game he talked quite a bit about making his kids feel like they really hadn't accomplished much yet. He didn't want them looking ahead, didn't want them getting a big head. He wanted to treat it like an 8 game season (their remaining due to the hurricane). 

He he knows he has something brewing, and they need it as an athletic department. Their attendance isn't great and they really need to raise money and losing a home game due to Irma doesn't help.

49 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Our defense keeps us from scoring.  We only had 3 possessions the first half of Illinois game.

Partially true. Both teams were willing to run certain plays in exchange for some degree of safety against their own poor QB play. I don't think either coach thought they could win a shootout.

21 hours ago, Isle of View said:

In UCF's remaining games, they are favored in all of them by the ESPN Predictor.  Their toughest game is SMU where they are a 67.7% favorite.  They have a 97.7% chance against Diaco's old UCONN team.

The Huskers are favored in only one remaining game: 52.2% over Purdue.

By Sagarin's Predictor, UCF would be favored by about 3 in Lincoln, and favored by 9 in Orlando.

They are actually favored to beat USF?

I like to develop spreads from stats and I'd call UCF an 8.5-point favorite on a neutral field right now after an SOS adjustment.  Their SOS rank is 82 and ours is 23 to date.  My system's not very complicated and I'm always trying to figure out the SOS thing.  All I do is figure a theoretical team with all the best stats would beat a theoretical team with all the worst ones by 59.5 at home.  I figure the team that has played the toughest schedule in the nation should lay 21 points against the team that has played the weakest (trying to be conservative).

On 10/1/2017 at 0:17 PM, knapplc said:

UCF would beat Nebraska 100-0 right now on a neutral field.

Scott Frost would immediately be transported to Lincoln on a cloud of magical corn husks wrapped in transcendent glory, cherubim and seraphim flying about his glorious golden locks. Trev Alberts would meet him at the door of the stadium, go to one knee, and give him the keys of the program. The statue of Brook Berringer would wink as Scott walked by.

Mike Riley and Bob Diaco would offer themselves as human sacrifices in Scott's honor, but in his munificence he would grant them pardon, and they would live out their days telling stories in hushed voices of how they were the coaches who preceded Frost's triumphant return to Nebraska. Danny Langsdorf would never be seen alive again. Some say he took one look at Scott's playbook and vaporized in a puff of jealousy.

The Huskers would once again be the greatest team ever.  Tanner Lee would, under Scott's tutelage, transform into a Pure Option quarterback, and would lower his shoulder to deliver the blow on every play - even on handoffs.  Nebraska would end every game with the entire team looking straight into the camera, saying, "We want 'Bama," and they would mean it.  At the end of the season we would dominate the playoffs, and when it came time to play 'Bama, they would politely decline, claiming they had to wash their hair - but we would all know they were just scared of Scott's team. 

Frost would win the Big Ten Championship an unprecedented 17 straight years.  Conference headquarters would move to Omaha (because it wouldn't be fair if it was in Lincoln).  All future Husker games would start at 1:05pm Central Time like God & Bob Devaney intended.

Scott will not retire, but at the end of his life he will voluntarily lay himself down at the 50 yard line, where his soul will gently depart his body, which will never decay. 

knapp you have finally seen the light lol