Best Recruiting Plan if MR is let go...

So, we are in quite a predicament.

It looks like Frost is going to force this into happening this season, whereas many thought he wouldn't be proving he is ready so soon.

First of all, we need to try and keep this class together if possible.  

I truthfully can't say that I believe that any of these players are Riley's commits. I truly believe they are either all Nebraska or All Williams guys.

It will be paramount that we retain the Williamses for at least one season.

Now, if there is a major shift in offense run-to-pass, I could see that impacting our WR commits. Do we see that happening with Frosts offense? It sure seems he chucks it plenty.

interested to hear some thoughts on this...

• Plus1 1

Yeah, I'd say the "ideal" situation would be to keep Parella, DWilliams and KWilliams.  Don't know why they wouldn't fit on the new staff.  That might not save all the recruits but you'd think we'd have a good shot at most of them.

Not sure if that would happen but it would be handy.

As I've said before, you can do whatever you want with that offense.

I don't know how to say this more respectfully: you guys have got to stop treating football as a 2 play game. It's so much more diverse and creative than this board makes it seem. If you have a running QB, you use those plays. Don't have a TE, don't use one. The only limit is what you can install and practice.

As I explained in the defense post the other day, your scheme is not the personnel or formations or whether it's a run or pass. It's your system. How you structure plays, how you call them, your audibles, your alerts, your option routes, your pass pro. It's made to be flexible.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, brophog said:

As I've said before, you can do whatever you want with that offense.

I don't know how to say this more respectfully: you guys have got to stop treating football as a 2 play game. It's so much more diverse and creative than this board makes it seem. If you have a running QB, you use those plays. Don't have a TE, don't use one. The only limit is what you can install and practice.

As I explained in the defense post the other day, your scheme is not the personnel or formations or whether it's a run or pass. It's your system. How you structure plays, how you call them, your audibles, your alerts, your option routes, your pass pro. It's made to be flexible.

How is this post in any way relevant to the topic? What about any of the posts you're replying to made you think the posters are ignorant about anything you're saying?

This is a topic about keeping our recruits. They don't care about anything you just said. Especially the WR - they want the team to pass the ball.

I think he keyed in on the second to last line in Matty's post and is trying to say, from a recruiting standpoint and if Frost were the next coach, the offense could be tailored to fit the strengths of the current players and incoming recruits. That could, in turn, help save some of the class. But, I think it's more of a tangent than a tie in to Matty's overall point.

The point could also be made without the slight patronization, brophog. This is the second thread in the last hour where I've seen you post a similarly toned opinion. If you feel people aren't listening to or understanding you then perhaps change the delivery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

53 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The point could also be made without the slight patronization, brophog. This is the second thread in the last hour where I've seen you post a similarly toned opinion. If you feel people aren't listening to or understanding you then perhaps change the delivery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The public dialogue of the sport is such that it can't resonate. The fact we classify plays for rules purposes means there is always this false dichotomy present. It's such a shame the descriptors used in the game are so generic, robs from the beauty of the game. But it also means we make judgements on sites like this with false knowledge.

I hear what you're saying.  I'll take my annual leave. I get burned out discussing things this way faster than people get annoyed of it. My pm box is always open, though.

When Frost took over at UCF, he didn't clean house with the staff, so there's a chance. It depends a lot on if he's bringing any UCF coaches.

The UCF DB coach is a UCF alum and was there a year before Frost, so keeping Donte Williams seems possible.

UCF's receivers coach is also their OC. So, that's a different situation. Do you want to bring in his OC? Would that OC want to still coach WR?

Obviously, that all depends on whether the Williams' even want to stay. 

I'm in the same boat that I want the Williams' and Parella to stay. I could do without the rest.

7 hours ago, brophog said:

The public dialogue of the sport is such that it can't resonate. The fact we classify plays for rules purposes means there is always this false dichotomy present. It's such a shame the descriptors used in the game are so generic, robs from the beauty of the game. But it also means we make judgements on sites like this with false knowledge.

I hear what you're saying.  I'll take my annual leave. I get burned out discussing things this way faster than people get annoyed of it. My pm box is always open, though.

I'm not saying leave, brophog. I'm saying perhaps help cultivate a different dialogue tone. This is a fan message board where the individual varies between a little football knowledge and vast football knowledge. If you feel you can teach the board something or have a knowledge they may value then please share it. I would only ask we do so without the subtle condescension.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Enhance said:

I'm not saying leave, brophog. I'm saying perhaps help cultivate a different dialogue tone. This is a fan message board where the individual varies between a little football knowledge and vast football knowledge. If you feel you can teach the board something or have a knowledge they may value then please share it. I would only ask we do so without the subtle condescension.

I hope brophog keeps posting as I find his posts insightful, but I have to agree that there's no need to be condescending. Regardless of what you post, some people are going to listen to what you say, some aren't. Some will agree, some will disagree. That's just how it goes.

• Plus1 2

13 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I'd say the "ideal" situation would be to keep Parella, DWilliams and KWilliams.  Don't know why they wouldn't fit on the new staff.  That might not save all the recruits but you'd think we'd have a good shot at most of them.

Right.  

I think the Williams' coaches have better relationships with the recruits they are after that would keep those guys committed.

11 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

Wonder if KJJ would come next year if Riley is let go?  Mike Riley was one the biggest reason KJS pushed his son our direction.

Also, how many recruits is KJJ responsible for pushing toward UNL?

The answer to that question is in a thread I started in March, 2015 if you care to look back.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, Mavric said:

Of course recruiting is important but I can't look at our receiver play and want Keith Williams back.