Nebraska Home Night Streak

BIG ERN

4 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

I was 13.  That was a great game.  Something about not beating the Buffs in three years, Coach Mac, and being Halloween brought out a great evil in that stadium.  Non stop booing of the Buffs, f bombs to their team and fans, you name it.  Little Detmer was thrown around like a ragdoll.  The greatest fans in College football went to a dark place and made it amazing

I do love the old turf though. Some of the old YouTube footage makes Lincoln look downright scary lol. It's awesome to see the fear in the faces of the opposing teams. I didn't start really getting into Nebraska football until the missed FG vs FSU in the 93 season or 1994 OB. I remember my dad screaming at the TV saying BS!!! The ball didn't cross the plain!! Screaming at Warrick Dunn, lol. Then when it was over he said this is FN 1983 all over again.

I said cheer up dad, we'll be back next year and win it all. You'll see. Then bang, bring that trophy back to Lincoln.

10 hours ago, FTW said:

Haha, our crowd is/was NOT hostile. You obviously haven't been to many road games :D

The crowd was hostile in comparison to the usual Nebraska home crowd.  I'm fully aware of what a hostile road crowd sounds like as I've been fortunate enough to see some big SEC rivalry games in person.

On 10/4/2017 at 6:36 PM, PaulCrewe said:

October 31, 1992

The Halloween Massacre

Memorial Stadium was at a level of hostility that won’t be met.  Young bucks would be amazed at the dark place that crowd went to.  It was f'ing awesome.

Yes, exactly.  I was there too and Memorial Stadium was absolutely electric from the moment I passed through the ticket gate.  The whole atmosphere just felt different and you could feel the charge in the air.

Score after score, Husker fans roared and the intensity never let up.  

Closest it's ever been since was that Miami game. 

13 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

The crowd was hostile in comparison to the usual Nebraska home crowd.  I'm fully aware of what a hostile road crowd sounds like as I've been fortunate enough to see some big SEC rivalry games in person.

Florida @ South Car a few years ago SC was throwing trash on the field for several minutes... lol

On 10/4/2017 at 6:36 PM, PaulCrewe said:

October 31, 1992

The Halloween Massacre

Memorial Stadium was at a level of hostility that won’t be met.  Young bucks would be amazed at the dark place that crowd went to.  It was f'ing awesome.

Dark AF! I was 17 and there! Man, I sure miss being a juggernaut football program. Grandpa Mike and his gang of flunkies will never know what it feels like to be that NU.

23 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

O'Hanlon's three INTs that night were huge...

The whole defensive performance that night was huge.  Teach and I were there, after spending all day at the bars and tailgating with a big group.  It was a freaking blast.  The game was amazing.  The whole crowd just willed the D to play lights out that night.