Las Vegas mass shooting

20 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Disarming the citizenry is exactly what people are talking about; and if you didn't get my point,  regimes that brutalize/commit mass murder agains all or part of their citizenry, first disarms them.

Wrong. I’m a gun owner and take that right very seriously. 

Im so sick of the crap spewed by the NRA and constantly repeated by other gun owners. 

Thus us is exactly why nothing will change on this issue. People just spewing political crap without thought. 

• Plus1 5
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wrong. I’m a gun owner and take that right very seriously. 

Im so sick of the crap spewed by the NRA and constantly repeated by other gun owners. 

Thus us is exactly why nothing will change on this issue. People just spewing political crap without thought. 

So, brutal regimes don't disarm the citizenry first?

2 minutes ago, commando said:

you are fine with people owning military grade weapons...why not the other stuff?  or could we maybe consider that maybe a sane limit on such weapons could be considered?

My opinion is that we have that sane limit on such weapons now.....semi-automatic weapons legal, fully automatic weapons liked the one apparently use in Las Vegas, not legal.

• Plus1 2
5 hours ago, unlfan said:

Yes, but some random loser will have a far harder time getting their hands on one.

The gang bangers and criminal underworld will always have them. But, their only redeeming quality is they tend to avoid killing random people en masse. They tend to kill other crooks that stepped on their toes.

If the gang bangers and crooks have the weapons you don't think they wouldn't sell them to any one who wants them?scary stuff.I mean drugs are illegal but the law really don't matter if you want it now does it? I'm all for stricter gun laws and I'm an avid hunter myself but to say it'll be far harder to get a gun with new laws is a stretch.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Dbqgolfer said:

My opinion is that we have that sane limit on such weapons now.....semi-automatic weapons legal, fully automatic weapons liked the one apparently use in Las Vegas, not legal.

apparently there is a loophole in the law that allows people to buy a part that changes the semi auto to full auto.  and what about the large clips?  i asked earlier about that but didn't get any answer.   a clip of 7 rounds is still deadly and too much when a crazy takes aim at innocent people...but what i heard sounded like a large clip or belt feed when i saw video of the attack last night.   might have saved a few hundred people from being injured or killed if there was a smaller limit on how many can be loaded at a time.

12 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

If the gang bangers and crooks have the weapons you don't think they wouldn't sell them to any one who wants them?scary stuff.I mean drugs are illegal but the law really don't matter if you want it now does it? I'm all for stricter gun laws and I'm an avid hunter myself but to say it'll be far harder to get a gun with new laws is a stretch.

The entire argument about gun control is an argument about degrees of separation and thickness of filtering. If you can't understand that conceptually, then you really shouldn't even be talking about it.

• Plus1 1

15 minutes ago, commando said:

apparently there is a loophole in the law that allows people to buy a part that changes the semi auto to full auto.  and what about the large clips?  i asked earlier about that but didn't get any answer.   a clip of 7 rounds is still deadly and too much when a crazy takes aim at innocent people...but what i heard sounded like a large clip or belt feed when i saw video of the attack last night.   might have saved a few hundred people from being injured or killed if there was a smaller limit on how many can be loaded at a time.

Personally, I think people should have the right to have a 30 round clip.  The last thing I would want to do is take another life; so if someone is breaking into my home to do harm to my family, I may want to squeeze off 5 or 6 warning shots to give them a chance to rethink their decision, and still have some rounds left in case they don't.

4 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

Yes, that is what I got out of that.  I thought you were responding to the second part of my post.  Upon rereading, perhaps you were responding to the first part.

Nobody is is talking about disarming the population. 

Unless tou ae ate perfectly fine and promote the he idea of people with serious mental illness or serious warning signs of owning guns. 

Which, if that’s the case, then I’m assuming you feel days like this are a small price to pay so we can have an “armed populace”. 

• Plus1 4