The Iron N is calling for a BLACK0UT against Wisconsin

knapplc

1 hour ago, Melby said:

I highly doubt most players or recruits give 2 s#!ts about what fans are wearing.  I havent heard a single person say they want to go to Iowa because they alternate colors....maybe i am wrong.

I dont mind trying new things.  At the same time, whats wrong with wanting to see the Sea of Red? 

IMO, start a new tradition in a place that doesn't already have one (ie. sea of red).  The Boneyard is F'n awesome, that was a great idea. I am all for the student section being all black, just personally like the Sea of Red over the Black-Out

Even easier to sell a recruit on a fan base if the fan base is willing to showcase they are willing to change, try new things, start new traditions etc etc.  I think you would be surprised how much of a difference it could make.

Then what's the harm?  1 game every couple years still leaves 12 or more home games with the Sea of Red.

39 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

Yeah, the defense doesn't wear black when they take the field. I don't know if you noticied that. They wear the standard uniform. They only wear them in PRACTICE. Nebraska has zero black in their uniform. It just doesn't make sense. Might as well have a whiteout.

lol i like chages!

2 hours ago, Melby said:

I highly doubt most players or recruits give 2 s#!ts about what fans are wearing.  I havent heard a single person say they want to go to Iowa because they alternate colors....maybe i am wrong.  

I dont mind trying new things.  At the same time, whats wrong with wanting to see the Sea of Red?  IMO, start a new tradition in a place that doesn't already have one (ie. sea of red).  The Boneyard is F'n awesome, that was a great idea. I am all for the student section being all black, just personally like the Sea of Red over the Black-Out

We get it.  You hate fun.  Every once in a while a change up is cool.  Case in point, PSU when they run their 'white out' promotion.

• Plus1 3

4 hours ago, Melby said:

I never understood the black-out stuff.  We have ZERO black in our team colors.  IMO, Id rather see the sea of red.  

We have black on our uniform now. Check the tips of the stripes...

...and are we breaking out alternate uniforms for this game?

11 minutes ago, BigTenBadger said:

I think you all tried to do a b******* for your first visit to Madison in 2011 as well. That was the game where the Nebraska media was reporting that 30-40-50% of Camp Randall was going to be "taken over" by invading Nebraska fans. It was also the Russell Wilson game. Damn that was fun!

It was not fun, Badger....

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

This is a prime example of why we can't have nice things at Nebraska anymore. If you don't want to put any effort into it, then sell your ticket to someone who still has "F"s to give. 

What ticket? I already said I'm not going so there's no reason to convince me.

21 hours ago, huskerguy said:

Would be cool and get the players excited to see this as support. Recruits would also take note. Not sure why people get upset about this.

Most these recruits haven't been here for a game - it is hard to get a high percentage of people to follow unless shirts are given at stadium.  The recruits will get a better thrill seeing 85K red shirts.

• Plus1 1