Wisconsin Week Pressers

Mavric

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Except against Northern Illinois.  For some unknown reason.

THis tweet.  

Remember sitting in the gun give to the RB off the tackle with the center and backside guard pulling leading the way.  Ahh... good old running days.  You know run plays other than the old “up the centers ass on two on two” we’ve come to love

• Plus1 1

Is this the first time Jaimes is the #1 right tackle?  He's playing well.  And Decker at Center- did he start the year at #1?  He's playing well.  We going to need all the interior lineman to play their best game ever.    We have some pretty nice young talent sitting in the third hole in most positions,  And what about Gebbia? Does he have a redshirt?  He might as well if there not going to play him

10 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Is this the first time Jaimes is the #1 right tackle?  He's playing well.  And Decker at Center- did he start the year at #1?  He's playing well.  We going to need all the interior lineman to play their best game ever.    We have some pretty nice young talent sitting in the third hole in most positions,  And what about Gebbia? Does he have a redshirt?  He might as well if there not going to play him

Gebbia has a redshirt much like POB last season. The shirt is there but he is available to go in and burn it any time they need him.

22 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

I wonder if Tre Bryant didn't have surgery of some kind.  This is a long absence for something that doesn't require surgery.

You don't burn Bradley's redshirt for something minor. Once I seen him in the Rutgers game I knew there was a slim chance we'd see Tre anytime soon.

11 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I thought Bradley was always in the depth chart, but didn't actually play until Northern Illinois. Didn't the coaches make some comment on adding him to special teams once Bryant went down? I suppose we could check the participation reports, but I'm lazy.

I just looked it up and it does appear you are correct. Bradley only shows having played in 2 games of the first 4, last game wasn’t added yet on stats I found. I knew he was on the depth chart and the coaches kept talking about him playing a lot this year, especially on special teams. I didn’t realize that they hadn’t actually put him in the first 2 games. It is a bit weird IMO to have him on the depth chart and not play him, but no going back now. I am guessing BRI’s hunch about Tre’s injury being significant is correct.

2 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to get their wish this week and we will see POB. I can't imagine Lee making it through this game without getting dinged up for at least a series or two.  Not wishing for it, just think there is a good chance of it happening

With their defense and our offensive line, he's going to be on his back quite a few times.