Favorite sport/sporting environment to take in where you have no rooting interest?

Favorite sport/sporting atmosphere to take in where you have no rooting interest? (Non-Husker related)  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This poll was created with the start of the MLB playoffs (beginning tonight), in mind.

There's something about Fall baseball that has always drawn me in. I'm not a huge fan of any one team (pull for the Cardinals, Red Sox, & Twins a little), and I don't watch much regular season baseball, but when the playoffs begin..... I'm all in.

The Sunday of a Major is a close second for me. Without Tiger, I don't have a favorite player, but I still enjoy the majesty of Golf, especially during a Major....

What say you?

I voted 'Other' and here's why:

I do not watch any soccer regularly. The only time I ever "watch" it is when the US is playing, but I never actually sit down and watch the game. I more or less just keep checking the score.

Kinda the same way with baseball, except I watch absolutely none of it. Every year when the playoffs come around I hope for all sweeps so there's less of it on TV.

I don't have any kids, so high school sports don't really matter to me either.

Golf? Pass.

I do like to watch a snowy/rainy/super cold football game. There's always a chance you'll see some wacky stuff.

Nascar? Same as golf. Pass.

I chose 'Other' because I would throw in things like NHL playoffs and March Madness. I will watch those with absolutely no rooting interest. I also like when I stumble upon something like rugby sevens or a semi-obscure Olympic event that the US isn't even in.

4 minutes ago, GSG said:

I voted 'Other' and here's why:

I do not watch any soccer regularly. The only time I ever "watch" it is when the US is playing, but I never actually sit down and watch the game. I more or less just keep checking the score.

Kinda the same way with baseball, except I watch absolutely none of it. Every year when the playoffs come around I hope for all sweeps so there's less of it on TV.

I don't have any kids, so high school sports don't really matter to me either.

Golf? Pass.

I do like to watch a snowy/rainy/super cold football game. There's always a chance you'll see some wacky stuff.

Nascar? Same as golf. Pass.

I chose 'Other' because I would throw in things like NHL playoffs and March Madness. I will watch those with absolutely no rooting interest. I also like when I stumble upon something like rugby sevens or a semi-obscure Olympic event that the US isn't even in.

Man! How could I of forgotten March Madness.

I added to the poll, go change your vote!

I went with NHL playoffs. Hockey is fun to begin with but playoffs take it to another level. Although, with no rooting interest, March Madness is right there with it. Football snow games are fun on TV but you would never catch me at one in person if I had no rooting interest. Years ago I bought season tickets to CU just so I was assured of having tickets for the Nebraska game. Was bored one weekend when CU was playing Stanford so put on my red and went over to Boulder to cheer against the buffs. It was so uninteresting We left shortly after halftime. I’ll watch all kinds of college football on TV but Nebraska is the only team I have any interest in attending in person.