Has Riley Accomplished "Momentum" for Nebraska?

59 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

When a new staff comes in, whenever that is. I would like to see both williams and parrella get a good look at staying. Parrella has made some good strides developing the kids they have.

Hah, Literally every fan is on-board with this. So, it's likely that when we do get a new coach in the future, they will do the complete opposite of what we ask.

If frost stays on upward trajectory that he is now and say he ends up at nebraska as head coach. I would think Parrella would have legit shot because he is nebraska Alum. too. Not to mention Frost is running a 3-4 defense as well so Parrella would fit the mold for coaching that front.

PS. I will admit i was hesitant about Frost. But seeing what he is doing now- if he can finish the year this strong he could draw comparisons to Tom Herman and Urban Meyer.

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What are people seeing from Donte Williams to want him to stay? Just the recruiting hype?

That and he's done a pretty decent job with the corners despite being without the top two returning corners in Kalu, moving to safety, and Jones.

44 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

If frost stays on upward trajectory that he is now and say he ends up at nebraska as head coach. I would think Parrella would have legit shot because he is nebraska Alum. too. Not to mention Frost is running a 3-4 defense as well so Parrella would fit the mold for coaching that front.

PS. I will admit i was hesitant about Frost. But seeing what he is doing now- if he can finish the year this strong he could draw comparisons to Tom Herman and Urban Meyer.

Yeah...I would rather "buy" early...

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

What are people seeing from Donte Williams to want him to stay? Just the recruiting hype?

Yes, but I also think when he is given more than 8 months he could build a decent defensive backfield. Add in that he is without our top 2 CB's from last year and that we haven't allowed many points that past several game.  I really like him a lot and think he is going to get better and better with age.

1 hour ago, MattyIce said:

Yes, but I also think when he is given more than 8 months he could build a decent defensive backfield. Add in that he is without our top 2 CB's from last year and that we haven't allowed many points that past several game.  I really like him a lot and think he is going to get better and better with age.

1 hour ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I don't think our defensive scheme is made to make the CBs look good. Plus your top CB being hurt all year and moving your 2nd CB to S doesn't help.

So we want to keep D. Williams because he hasn't been here long? Does the same apply to Booker?

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

You don't think Lee and Jackson have improved? Where as if Jones had been playing only one of them would have to be on the field instead of both.

Yeah, the CB's would look better with Jones for sure. But why the love for D. Williams? The corners look about the same to me as they did in the first game.