Has Riley Accomplished "Momentum" for Nebraska?

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

You don't think Lee and Jackson have improved? Where as if Jones had been playing only one of them would have to be on the field instead of both.

LOL. Lee is okay. Lamar is the WOAT. I could go back to the film from this weekend and show you three specific times Lamar lined up FOURTEEN (14 - I counted) yards off a receiver, and let the man run past him without help over the top. 

6 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I dont recall Pelini ever getting as many highly rated guys interested, coming for visits and committing to Nebraska. Take this years commits and the last 2 recruiting cycles for Riley. What is his average rating per recruit based on 247 ranking? I bet it is quite a bit higher than Pelini. Pelini always filled out the classes in terms of numbers so the team recruiting rankings were probably similiar to Riley so far- but I bet the quality is better under riley.

Riley has done a better job of getting higher-rated guys to campus.  But not such a great job getting them to actually commit.

His two full classes so far have been about average compared to Pelini's classes - better than some, worse than others.

Per the 247 Composite:

Class Average Recruits (# 4*+)
 02    .8316    18 (2)
 03    .8316    19 (2)
 04    .8237    20 (2)
 05*   .8523    32 (7)
 06*   .8493    22 (5)
 07*   .8587    26 (6)
 08    .8449    29 (3)
 09    .8580    19 (2)
 10*   .8642    20 (5)
 11    .8832    21 (9)
 12    .8773    17 (8)
 13    .8655    24 (7)
 14    .8601    25 (2)
 15    .8617    21 (4)
 16    .8707    21 (5)

17    .8758    20 (5)

* 2005 - Leon Jackson isn't on 247's list but was a 4* on Rivals
* 2006 - Major Culbert doesn't show a rating on 247 but was a high 3* on Rivals
* 2007 - Armando Murillo (JUCO) not included in 247's list
* 2010 - Stanley Jean-Baptiste and Chase Harper (JUCOs) not included in 247's rankings

59 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would be curious to see how the average would look if you took out guys who transferred and never made an impact. Seems so far Riley has kept all his kids once on campus. Seemed like our highest rated kids pelini recruited always left and didn't stay in program 

I think it is still too early to tell if Riley can keep kids on campus. He lost a couple of his highest rated guys from the last class before the season even started. 

I don't think it would be hard to find someone who can recruit a top 30 class to a place like Nebraska.  Pelini and Riley haven't really set the bar very high.

12 minutes ago, jaws said:

I think it is still too early to tell if Riley can keep kids on campus. He lost a couple of his highest rated guys from the last class before the season even started. 

I don't think it would be hard to find someone who can recruit a top 30 class to a place like Nebraska.  Pelini and Riley haven't really set the bar very high.

Is Jordan Stevenson the highest rated Riley-NU player to date? Over Lindsey, Lamar Jackson, and (potentially) Bookie?

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Riley has done a better job of getting higher-rated guys to campus.  But not such a great job getting them to actually commit.

His two full classes so far have been about average compared to Pelini's classes - better than some, worse than others.

Per the 247 Composite:

Class Average Recruits (# 4*+)
 02    .8316    18 (2)
 03    .8316    19 (2)
 04    .8237    20 (2)
 05*   .8523    32 (7)
 06*   .8493    22 (5)
 07*   .8587    26 (6)
 08    .8449    29 (3)
 09    .8580    19 (2)
 10*   .8642    20 (5)
 11    .8832    21 (9)
 12    .8773    17 (8)
 13    .8655    24 (7)
 14    .8601    25 (2)
 15    .8617    21 (4)
 16    .8707    21 (5)

17    .8758    20 (5)

* 2005 - Leon Jackson isn't on 247's list but was a 4* on Rivals
* 2006 - Major Culbert doesn't show a rating on 247 but was a high 3* on Rivals
* 2007 - Armando Murillo (JUCO) not included in 247's list
* 2010 - Stanley Jean-Baptiste and Chase Harper (JUCOs) not included in 247's rankings

This is what I was getting at.

Has Riley and co been superior in getting better talent in campus? Absolutely. Has that yielded more recruiting success than Pelini? Not exactly. 

How can you say "not exactly"  MR has had no down recruiting years and each one gets better and better - 2018 included.  BP has a couple solid classes that didn't pan out and the rest were average at best.  NO MR hasn't had the over the top supper class yet - however he is clearly trending better then BP.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

How can you say "not exactly"  MR has had no down recruiting years and each one gets better and better - 2018 included.  BP has a couple solid classes that didn't pan out and the rest were average at best.  NO MR hasn't had the over the top supper class yet - however he is clearly trending better then BP.

This is a handy way to contrive your desired result from data that really doesn't show what you want it to.

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I would be curious to see how the average would look if you took out guys who transferred and never made an impact. Seems so far Riley has kept all his kids once on campus. Seemed like our highest rated kids pelini recruited always left and didn't stay in program 

Once again, you seem to be sticking with the talking points that don't have much basis in reality.  

Riley's highest recruit from the 2015 class (Barnett) is headed down the no impact route.  The second-higest from that class (Stevenson) was gone within a few months.  His third-highest (Alston) is gone.  Grim is already gone out of the 2016 class.  Out of the 2017 class, two guys never even made it to campus (Blades and Watts) and KJJ got sent back home.  So I don't think Riley has been all that great at it either, he just hasn't been around as long for the narrative to develop.

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is a handy way to contrive your desired result from data that really doesn't show what you want it to.

The data shows that BP had 3 classes below MR's first (based on per player average) in which MR had a small portion of the cycle to get it done.  The classes keep getting higher and higher per player averages and as stated the 2018 is on pace to be even better.  BP didn't show any consistency and as stated his better two ended up not being so great.  Everything that i have said in my two post is direct data from the chart a few post up.  Everything you said in bold above smells and taste like cold coffee.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

I never said that.

You're right, I should have expanded on my reply. What I don't understand is the love for D. Williams and wanting to keep him on staff since he hasn't really done anything. Having to deal with injuries doesn't make him a good coach. I don't have anything against D. Williams, I'm just not seeing good reasons for the desire to keep him as opposed to Booker, for example.