'97 Huskers Say 'Refuse to Lose' Attitude is Now Missing

Mavric

On 10/13/2017 at 2:12 PM, Undone said:

The arguments you're making are pretty much saying that it's correct to ignore the vast library of examples showing objectively that sports psychology is a thing. I don't think you really believe that.

There are so many examples and analogies to pick from it's hard to know where to start. Possibly anything written by John Wooden might be good, though.

Love me some John Wooden: "Winners and losers are self-determined. But only the winners are willing to admit it."

Have you guys seen 'Gone With the Wind'? I think this Rhett Butler line might have something to do with our situation. 

"  I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names."- Rhett Butler