***Official Wisconsin Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

FWIW - I have a better 'vibe' for tonight's game than I have had since before game one.  Odd as that may seem considering.   Maybe we come out and play like our season depends on it!   It does of course. 

Maybe the coaches have been 'planning' since a year ago to scheme and strategic plan for the conference season ONLY as that is the most important thing.  Perhaps we've got a few decent cards up our sleeves.  We all know as fans that we view each and every game as critical and we are always looking to run the table.  Obviously this is not realistic.  The more conference wins we get the better in many ways.  If we have to lose, lose in the 'pre-season' if you want to take a pro perspective,  Pull out a win tonight, and maybe the Ohio State game is one you can punt and still remain in the driver's seat for the conference west division race.  Wisconsin is not likely to run the table otherwise so if we win our division games and lose only to Penn State and Ohio State, we have a serious chance to be the west divsion representatives in the CCG.   

We lack depth and experience, although that experience is slowly improving as each week passes.  Sacrifice the right games and focus heavily on the MUST win games.  Let's hope this staff has this in mind.  The first major hurdle to turning the program around in the right direction is to win our division.  Wisconsin is THE biggest obstacle in that goal.  

The next two weeks will obviously determine whether Riley and his staff have the chance to stay or will have to go. One way or another, I’m hoping we get some clarity about whether they can get it done. I like Riley’s attitude and how he’s rebuilt the culture Pelini destroyed. But he has to win games. I’m hoping it all comes together today with an upset against Wisconsin. But in the long run, we’re better served with a 3 or 4 win season where he’s let go and we bring in someone else than with a 6 or 7 win season where there may be a temptation to limp along and see what happens next year. 

My hopeful prediction for today is Nebraska 27, Wisconsin 21. Nebraska goes run heavy, the offensive line develops an attitude, Lee plays game manager with lots of safe passes and play action, the defense stuffs the run, gets some pressure, and limits big plays, and Nebraska reminds those pukes from Madison who THE REAL F’N BIG RED IS.

GO BIG RED!

• Plus1 1

This is a game to see if our defense has improved.  The fundamentals:  tackling, stay in our lanes, and of course covering.  Offensively, we will learn tonight if Tanner has turned the corner and has found a comfort level with in the offense and his receivers.  We will see if Langs is pass happy, instead of ball control oriented to at least give us a chance in the 4th quarter.  In other words, we control the tempo, via the run and occasional play action pass.  I am afraid if we don't run the ball 75% of the time, our defense will completely wear out by the 4th quarter.

Put up or shut up time!

This is about blood.  There isn't  a player on this team that has beaten Wisconsin.  Some have gotten trounced by them, some have come up just short.  But all have fallen.  If this team wants to win tonight they need to focus on that, get that killer instinct turned up to 11 and put their foot on the gas for 4 quarters.  Come out and punch em in the mouth right out of the gate, the crowd will respond.  Then keep punching them in the mouth., they aren't unbeatable.  This is a perfect storm, take advantage Huskers.

• Plus1 1

It looks like NU is down to Ozigbo and Bradley at RB today.  I don't see those guys carrying the ball 30+ times between them.  I'm afraid that this is going to lead to Langsdorf going the passing route, and we know how that has not been successful this year.  I think this will lead to sack and interceptions, and NU won't be able to overcome those.

• Plus1 1

Special teams(especially looking at you DPE) are going to have to be huge to pull out the win.

Been saying all year the 3-4 ,with Bob’s insistence of staying with his base personnel all game, will match up very well against Wisky.  The defense should hold their own.

the offense on the other hand......  The OLine needs to get their s#!t together before someone gets mangled(if not today, most definitely next week).  They have had communication issues and trouble identifying blitzers all year.  The Decker and Jameis move is a good step forward. However Wisky’s 3-4 is what I dream Bob could get to.  5,6,7 guys on the line presnap, moving dropping out blitzing total chaos.  This will make the offense difficult to watch tonight a lot of the game.

Will love to eat crow tonight but 

Badgers-17

NU-10