What did we learn? (Game 6 - Wisconsin)

Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I agree that it's not all Lee's fault. So the whole offense pretty much sucks. That is on Riley and his assistants.

When do we finally look at the players?  As much as people around here love Stanley, he's not a good receiver and will not be drafted.  Otherwise, we have a lacrosse player and a guy who hasn't been good since he was a freshman.  Then there's Hoppes....  

2 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

Support your team no matter what hasn't been working for the last 20 years, so I figure it's time to change things up.

I mean at least you're honest, but it's kind of silly to me that you think you being a fan has any impact on the team's performance. I'd wager that 100% of them have no idea who you are.

2 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

When do we finally look at the players?  As much as people around here love Stanley, he's not a good receiver and will not be drafted.  Otherwise, we have a lacrosse player and a guy who hasn't been good since he was a freshman.  Then there's Hoppes....  

He drops WAAAAAAYYYY too many balls to be paid to do that exact job.  Sorry to those that think so, but he won't sniff the NFL if that isn't fixed.

We desperately need d-line depth, and athleticism at linebacker. It's embarrassing how many times in a row they were able to run it.

Lee was a lot better, although the stats aren't incredible. The line did a pretty good job protecting him. Completely different ball game if Ozigbo doesn't let it bounce off his helmet and DPE catches the touchdown. I think we would've still worn down and probably lost, but a lot closer.

To everyone talking about needing to go back to power football - that's all playcalling, we were running the same plays they were. They were just committed to the run and have a better line and backs. You can attribute that to coaching or recruiting, but our playbook is almost the same.

• Plus1 2

I learned that:

(1) Wisconsin’s recipe for success is what the 90s Huskers did

(2) This coach was, is, and will always be a .500 coach no matter what team you give him. You can give him Alabama and he will turn them to a .500 team

(3) Wisconsin’s running backs have always crushed us since we joined the big 10

(4) We will not go to a ball game this year

(5) Purdue will beat us

(6) There is no husker pride in this team

(7) I feel bad for our players because their coaches are letting them down by not preparing them well

(8) It does not take time for a coach to turn things around. A good coach can make things happen immediately. A half-ass coach is a half-ass coach

(9) If we do not make changes soon, we will become the Kansas of the big 10.

(10) We will not upset anyone because we are very predictable and whatever the media says about us is true no matter how hard it is for us to accept.

• Plus1 3
Just now, Landlord said:

I mean at least you're honest, but it's kind of silly to me that you think you being a fan has any impact on the team's performance. I'd wager that 100% of them have no idea who you are.

It would be extremely silly to think that. But I devote a lot of energy to Husker football every year, and diverting it elsewhere would probably be good for me. Has nothing to do with the impact it has on the team(although if enough people do the same, you betcha the university going to start feeling it in the pocketbooks)...

2 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

We desperately need d-line depth, and athleticism at linebacker. It's embarrassing how many times in a row they were able to run it.

Lee was a lot better, although the stats aren't incredible. The line did a pretty good job protecting him. Completely different ball game if Ozigbo doesn't let it bounce off his helmet and DPE catches the touchdown. I think we would've still worn down and probably lost, but a lot closer.

To everyone talking about needing to go back to power football - that's all playcalling, we were running the same plays they were. They were just committed to the run and have a better line and backs. You can attribute that to coaching or recruiting, but our playbook is almost the same.

Hahaha.  Where did their coach cut his teeth???  He's a Riley deciple.  

3 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I will out some blame on the players, but why haven't Coach DUI and the other coaches have been able to bring in better WR's.  For an offense so dependent on the passing game, the WR's are small and not very dynamic. Beck and the former golf coach got more out of those WR's. 

• Plus1 1

So last week I made a comment in this type of thread about Riley wasn't coming back next year because of his body language. Some agreed, many disagreed, so I will keep with the trend. Based off Riley's body language, he isn't coming back next year. I think this because after a game, where we all know how it played out, he was laughs and smiles afterward. I interpreted this as a man who felt a weight lifted off his shoulders because he knows his fate, he knows the pressures and daily grind of this job are soon to be behind him. Otherwise, why in the world is a head coach all smiles and laughter after coaching and getting embarrassed in arguably his biggest game of his career? (A big game because it felt like there was so much riding on this game, be in simply Riley showing the team/program turned the corner, and also the team controlled their destiny in the West).

Disclaimer: I am not a Doctor.

• Plus1 1

Power football is beautiful.  We hate Wisky because they do to us what we use to do to people.  They are a success and we don't know who we are.

I really like our WR's.  I was surprised their CB's could play such tight coverage, and man-to-man.  Amazing.  I credit them.  Our WR's still drop way too many damn balls.

Ozigbo is a good #3 RB.

Thought we would lose be about 20 ... hey, even a blind squirrel gets one right twice a year.