What did we learn? (Game 6 - Wisconsin)

Today I learned:

• The Nebraska blueprint for football still works and is a winning formula.
  • That Langsdorf needs to be fired ASAP for this season to be salvageable. His second-half playcalling was atrocious, and he went away from the run and had Lee chuck the ball around. What's that stat about when Nebraska passes 40+ times?
    • Our WRs failed to help Lee out. Yes, Wisky was physical, but that means our WRs need to step their game up.
    • Lee actually improved. That Pick 6 was really on Langsdorf  and his craptacular playcalling in the red zone, and Lee didn't make mistakes that hurt us otherwise.
  • Yes, our defense didn't step up in the second half. But AT LEAST 50% of the blame is because the offense fell on its face in the second half and our defense was left on the field for WAY too long. 
  • We have the best fans, bar none. That stadium looked and sounded EXCELLENT! Too bad Riley and 'DORF couldn't help put a product on the field worthy of the fans' effort. 
  • Plus1 3

I learned we are getting better in some areas but we got exposed in others 

No moral victory here. We played better at times but again, inconsistent. 

I think this team has talent but youth and inexperience combined with subpar coaching leads to inconsistent play. I think we get a winning season still, but it won't be enough to save Riley. Luckily if we can get the right guy and keep the recruiting class intact I think we could be pretty solid next year, we have young talent.