Where do we go from here?

Guys I just want to get all of your opinions on where we go from here? Is Riley done at Nebraska? Eichorst is already gone, what was the point in firing Shawn Eichorst if we keep Riley and Co. around after these awful results in year three.

On paper Wisconsin was not more talented than Nebraska, they did not need to be. Wisconsin knows who they are, and they continue to win, even after being on their third coach in six years.

' I love Nebraska football, it is has brought a bound between me and dad. It has made me feel pride, and taught me how to demonstrate relentless support. Shoot I keep coming back every fall. It is just sad that For nearly forty years we were a contender. What changed? what was so wrong with being a smash mouth running team? what was wrong with being Nebraska?

Anyways, I hope you all are feeling ok, I sure hope there are better days ahead for our beloved Huskers.   

• Plus1 1

Welp, let's plot it out:

If Mike Riley manages to somehow win out, then nope. He's not done. We'd still need Wisconsin to drop a game in order to make it to Indy, which I think is actually somehow less likely than us winning out.

I'd say overall odds of the above happening being <<<.1%

All other roads, in my opinion, lead to Mike Riley's firing, except  for  possibly winning 5 out of the next 6, playing in the mediocre bowl, and beating a formidable mediocre opponent.

So with that, I put odds of a 2018 season with Mike Riley at the helm being pretty contingent on a miracle.

Mike Riley will need to fire Langs in order to survive another season. That I promise you.

36 minutes ago, HuskerMav11 said:

Welp, let's plot it out:

If Mike Riley manages to somehow win out, then nope. He's not done. We'd still need Wisconsin to drop a game in order to make it to Indy, which I think is actually somehow less likely than us winning out.

I'd say overall odds of the above happening being <<<.1%

All other roads, in my opinion, lead to Mike Riley's firing, except  for  possibly winning 5 out of the next 6, playing in the mediocre bowl, and beating a formidable mediocre opponent.

So with that, I put odds of a 2018 season with Mike Riley at the helm being pretty contingent on a miracle.

Mike Riley will need to fire Langs in order to survive another season. That I promise you.

We actually need Wisky to lose two games.

• Plus1 1

I think Riley finishes the season, no matter what, but changes will be made after that. I think firing a coach mid season is a very bad idea. When changes are made though,  i think we really need to get back to what made us great. Dominant offensive line, great running backs, and athletic running quarterbacks. Solid D line and rush ends. Were never going to load our team with 5 star guys like Alabama , Ohio State etc, but we can compete with them again, if we establish team identity, execute our system at a high level, and get the most out of each player. Wisconsin showed us it can be done tonight. I'm hoping we can get a coaching staff that understands that. I've been watching almost 40 years, and always will, but i gotta say its very frustrating.

• Plus1 2

40 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

I think Riley finishes the season, no matter what, but changes will be made after that. I think firing a coach mid season is a very bad idea. When changes are made though,  i think we really need to get back to what made us great. Dominant offensive line, great running backs, and athletic running quarterbacks. Solid D line and rush ends. Were never going to load our team with 5 star guys like Alabama , Ohio State etc, but we can compete with them again, if we establish team identity, execute our system at a high level, and get the most out of each player. Wisconsin showed us it can be done tonight. I'm hoping we can get a coaching staff that understands that. I've been watching almost 40 years, and always will, but i gotta say its very frustrating.

And a hall of fame coach those kids moved away from home to play for....