Where do we go from here?

Frost runs a system he is intimately familiar with and recruits specifically for this.

Whisky does the exact same thing.  On both sides of the ball.  Despite their third DC in as many years, they continue to perform.....

NU has no idea what we are or what we want.

A staff with a definitive scheme they recruit, teach, know and can develop wins in will win at NU....

Bo, while a good to very good DC was a mediocre CEO.  Throw in a completely inexperienced staff and you get what we got.

Riley and company, while incredibly experienced, have shown the inability to teach their system or develop players in it....Look at OSU and look at NU now....notice any similarities.....Even though we have better facilities, better athletes, better everything.  Except for the same offensive staff he brought form OSU.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Dbqgolfer said:

I think if we go 6-6 (5-4 in BIG), it's a toss up as to whether or not Riley is fired.  7-5 (6-3 in BIG), Riley stays for another year.  

I think this is the case, too.  Especially if the Huskers were to finish 7-5 and then win the bowl game (a real possibility assuming the they won't face a world beater).  8-5 sucks, but it would be hard to justify canning him after year 3 with that.  My guess is we would repeat this whole process for at least another year.

Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa, and Purdue just got a lot more interesting......

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I think this is the case, too.  Especially if the Huskers were to finish 7-5 and then win the bowl game (a real possibility assuming the they won't face a world beater).  8-5 sucks, but it would be hard to justify canning him after year 3 with that.  My guess is we would repeat this whole process for at least another year.

Minnesota, Northwestern, Iowa, and Purdue just got a lot more interesting......

If Riley is to be fired, they won't wait until after the bowl game (if NU makes one).  Firings are done as soon as the regular season is over, so a new coach can be hired and he can try to salvage the recruiting class.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, suh_fan93 said:

Funny thing is I don't think we'd be any worse off with an interim HC.

If NU is going to make the move during the season, after a probably beat down by Ohio State would be the best time.  There is a bye week after Ohio State, so it would give the interim Head Coach the opportunity to work with the team and right the ship.  Although, since the interim HC would most likely come from the current coaching staff,  I don't know how much things would change.

1. Call Frost and offer him the job today. Let him finish out his season at UCF

It was simple in 2015 and is in 2017. Quit making excuses for a guy who over half the nation had to Google when he got the job after coaching for 30+ years. If for some reason Frost doesn't want the gig you pony up and write a fat check to a coach who will bring in a competent product on the football field. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

Where we go is to the next game and on through the rest of the season. At some point we find out who the new AD is (Karen Jennings). Then we don't fire anybody unless we know we can get a coach that we want.

You think Karen Jennings is the next AD?

49 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If Riley is to be fired, they won't wait until after the bowl game (if NU makes one).  Firings are done as soon as the regular season is over, so a new coach can be hired and he can try to salvage the recruiting class.

I guess I was just speaking of the team's record in general.  Let me amend it to say I don't think he'd get fired after going 7-5 as much as it sucks.