Wisconsin Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

49 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Does anyone doubt that Langs actually thought it was 3rd and 4 on the pick six opposed to actually being 3rd and 2??? 

I’m certain he was confused after so many plays in a game, but part of me thinks he might not have had a clue of the distance needed.

Totally agree.

When I first saw your comment and then went to watch the video of him saying that, for a split second I felt a little better. But honestly, not really at all. He's the one guy that needs to know the down & distance. 

It was third & 2 and we should have run, bottom line. And if Oz gets stuffed, we kick for 3 points as opposed to spotting them 7. 

That counter that Wisconsin runs where their tight end swings out a bit to seal off the OLB...that play is f****** brutal. Brutal. 

We attempted to run a variation of that play multiple times in the second half and just couldn't execute it. 

I agree with Langsdorf though - Lee did play fairly well. Hopefully nobody thinks that we should have run more last night, because in the second half their defense had our number in the run game. It just wasn't happening. Lee played well and averaged 7.7 yards per pass - that's a great stat line.

We need a coaching staff that watches Wisconsin and Iowa defensive film and does what they do. Their defense is pretty incredible. Lee was on the money last night except for the interception (which in my opinion isn't even his fault because that play should have been a run), but our receivers had trouble getting open and their defensive line is strong and talented. 

Our defense looks nothing like theirs, from a discipline and execution standpoint.

2 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

Does anyone doubt that Langs actually thought it was 3rd and 4 on the pick six opposed to actually being 3rd and 2??? 

I’m certain he was confused after so many plays in a game, but part of me thinks he might not have had a clue of the distance needed.

Langs threw because that's what he prefers to do.

This has been obvious since day 1.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Langs threw because that's what he prefers to do.

This has been obvious since day 1.

Oh you should know I’m aware of that.  Many a times we’ve found ourselves agreeing or posting similar thoughts about a myriad of topics the last 2+ years.

My main point of the post was he honestly said that in his interview because he was foggy on one of many game situations right???  The flip side was he actually had no idea of the down and distance.  The second scenario would honestly not shock me one bit based on track record.

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

Oh you should know I’m aware of that.  Many a times we’ve found ourselves agreeing or posting similar thoughts about a myriad of topics the last 2+ years.

My main point of the post was he honestly said that in his interview because he was foggy on one of many game situations right???  The flip side was he actually had no idea of the down and distance.  The second scenario would honestly not shock me one bit based on track record.

Yeah, I knew I wasn't telling you anything you didn't know.

Langs has always been foggy in how he sees the running game.  To him, a 2 or 3 yard gain is a loss.  He literally said that after the Purdue game two years ago.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I knew I wasn't telling you anything you didn't know.

Langs has always been foggy in how he sees the running game.  To him, a 2 or 3 yard gain is a loss.  He literally said that after the Purdue game two years ago.

The best part of that game(and I want to say you pulled stats to back my thought) was he was getting 10+ yards a try running outside the tackles and 2> yards between the tackles and they continued to run it inside thus creating bad down and distances leading to short possessions and Purdue’s success.  

Here we we are two years later, only having three run plays that require the RB to make one defender miss in the backfield, then usually one or two more in said hole of the designed run to be a positive play.  No attempts of an effort to attack the boundaries, all falling back to your quote about his mentality on the run game.

Am I shocked?  Absolutely not as this was seen coming the moment of the hires being announced.  I would love to know all how many of the our beloved posters that have been a MR guy from the get go(that will now actually admit it) thought Callahan was a bad fit as a coach here???  Cause with MR you got a Callahan lite offensive philosophy, except Bill was light years better at coaching up and incorporating the run game.  

4 hours ago, PaulCrewe said:

That was the 5th play of the game....no excuse

Just awful