Will Tanner Lee be a Pro Quarterback?

Hayseed

I'm guessing yes. He does have great accuracy when he's not throwing it to the other team. I have to think pro scouts are looking at him riding the bench for a couple years and working on the obvious problems. With good protection, receivers who can catch, and having the practice time to get the plays in sync, I think it's possible he could develop into a good pro-style QB.

What do you think?

• Plus1 1

I'm still on the fence about him. He certainly has a lot of the intangibles you're looking for but he would have to go to a talented team with all of those things you mentioned in order to be successful.

I also don't think the play calling and his receivers dropping balls plays to his strengths, and the latter plays to no QB's strengths. But, he could work himself into being a late round pick who sits for a few seasons.

At this point, he is FAR from an NFL QB.    Could he get there?    I think if he were a sophomore now, and had two more full seasons of play ahead of him, he could maybe get a late round or free agent try by somebody.   But, he will have to improve his play a LONG way from where it is now to do so.  This season is about half over and the chances are not good he will get much more done this year than he already has (very mediocre compl % and of course horrid pick 6s at a NCAA record pace).   He shows poor decision making which pros would hate, and has shown very little ability to throw the long ball.  He shows reasonably good but not great accuracy and has happy feet and throws with bad form when stressed.  

These things are all critical to NFL criteria.  The pros only need about half a dozen QBs per year from all the collegiate ranks.  I doubt Tanner is one of the top 6 at this point.

38 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Not now, he would have to develop a ton. I wonder if he can. 

We won't know that answer at Nebraska. Riley is likely gone at the end of this season and if Frost comes in to coach Lee isn't playing in that offense. 

That's a great point. I see him as the college pitcher with the 100 mph fastball....actually I think he'd be more likely to get picked up if he was cheaper and seen as a developmental project.

38 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

absolutely .  He has the arm and I think the NFL thinks it can develop the rest.  What would his numbers look like if he had a good line and receivers that can separate and then catch the ball? An offensive coordinator who had his back? 

Honest question, do our receivers really drop the ball more than other teams?

Just now, Dbqgolfer said:

Honest question, do our receivers really drop the ball more than other teams?

It feels like it but I don't have the data to back it up.  A drop ball is very subjective-was it the pass, was it the receiver, was it the route?  But just comparing it to the last 4 or so years, have there been any great catches this year?  Like catches a receiver shouldn't make, but somehow does?  We were pretty blessed with some guys who pulled off some pretty great catches in previous years and then this year we have none.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

It feels like it but I don't have the data to back it up.  A drop ball is very subjective-was it the pass, was it the receiver, was it the route?  But just comparing it to the last 4 or so years, have there been any great catches this year?  Like catches a receiver shouldn't make, but somehow does?  We were pretty blessed with some guys who pulled off some pretty great catches in previous years and then this year we have none.  

Pelini's guys were far better receivers. The guys we have now are athletes and can return a punt with the best of them.....so-so receivers.