bo's last season

29 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Am I the only one who thought this thread was going to be about this being Bo's last season at YSU after chasing down that kid who raped the girl and getting him to play football?

No kidding.  And here's a fun fact you won't read in any news article (the local sports media up here doesn't like to rock the boat):

After just losing to the USD Coyotes on Saturday in Vermillion, SD, he refused to go out and shake the opposing coach's hand on the field.  An assistant coach went instead.  I think he felt he got jobbed by the refs.  Always was a classy guy.  Will never change.

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

No kidding.  And here's a fun fact you won't read in any news article (the local sports media up here doesn't like to rock the boat):

After just losing to the USD Coyotes on Saturday in Vermillion, SD, he refused to go out and shake the opposing coach's hand on the field.  An assistant coach went instead.  I think he felt he got jobbed by the refs.  Always was a classy guy.  Will never change.

That's crazy.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Kiyoat Husker said:

Were the refs the coaches brothers? I don't see what one thing has to do with the other. Whatever floats your boat Bo. Not our problem anymore.

2 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

People seem to have forgotten that although Bo never won less then 9 games, his 4 losses each year came to teams with a pulse. We did a fantastic job beating up on Illinois, Rutgers, Indiana, etc. But when it came time to playing a team that was remotely decent we lost, if it was against a team that was good we got blown out.

Except for Washington, Iowa State, Texas, Northwestern, Minnesota and Iowa :P

15 hours ago, Red_Payne said:

... and here's a look a Callahan's final schedule results from the '07 season.

Next...

Callahan last.jpg

Wait, in 2007 you guys had games that were not on TV? You also had PPV games and a game on Versus? How on earth did some of you guys not want to join the B1G and have every game on TV?

How come everyone keeps talking about Bo? TO is the real problem behind where the program is at right now.  If he didn't retire we wouldn't  even know who Bo Pelini is.  TO should have just coached until he died on the sideline and his body was taken to heaven by a beam of light by the football gods.  Be mad at TO.  

4 minutes ago, jaws said:

Wait, in 2007 you guys had games that were not on TV? You also had PPV games and a game on Versus? How on earth did some of you guys not want to join the B1G and have every game on TV?

Man it was rough, paying for PPV games sucked and making sure you had the right TV packages with your provider sucked as well. A majority of us were very happy to leave the Big XII and this was one of those reasons. Having the B1G network is fantastic. The money coming into the program is a swell option as well. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

How come everyone keeps talking about Bo? TO is the real problem behind where the program is at right now.  If he didn't retire we wouldn't  even know who Bo Pelini is.  TO should have just coached until he died on the sideline and his body was taken to heaven by a beam of light by the football gods.  Be mad at TO.  

a lot of people agree with you but for another reason- they despise him not for retiring but for hiring Solich and Bo

6 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Man it was rough, paying for PPV games sucked and making sure you had the right TV packages with your provider sucked as well. A majority of us were very happy to leave the Big XII and this was one of those reasons. Having the B1G network is fantastic. The money coming into the program is a swell option as well. 

I just can't believe this was a thing in 2007 for a school like Nebraska. I remember watching all of OSU's games on TV in 1995 (ABC/ESPN/ESPN+) let alone in 2007.