Will We Hire a Competent Coach?

1 minute ago, Whistlepig said:

by the comments about him not getting a power 5 job, i'd say yes more than half the people on this board 

The other possibility could be he feels like he needed a self imposed timeout after he blowtorched his way out of here. Keep his head down and maybe be more appealing to a P5 program. I don't see him doing that so I'll go with the FU reason.

5 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

The other possibility could be he feels like he needed a self imposed timeout after he blowtorched his way out of here. Keep his head down and maybe be more appealing to a P5 program. I don't see him doing that so I'll go with the FU reason.

look I get it, in a way Bo = Trump- either you think they're trying to do the right thing or you hate them, because both of them seem not to give an F about what offends or hurts peoples feelings. A lot of people can't deal with that.

11 hours ago, MichiganDad3 said:

I wonder if we will replace MR with a competent coach. No one in his right mind would have hired MR. An old guy with many mediocre seasons, no CFB conference championships, and the worst season in Chargers' history. No one who did any diligence would have hired Billy C. It didn't take much investigating to find out how much his Raider's team hated him. Questions should have been asked about his choice for  DC,  how he would handle the walk on program. Will the results be any different this time? It will be very sad if we hire another dud, and half the threads on this board are about why the dud who stunk in the past will be good at NU.

Just reading the press and looking at the actions of the admin, it looks like the same old duds going down the same old road.

Theyre not from here, they’re looking for advice, and the same people who got us where we are now still have the same influence.

Will the blind squirrel find a nut this time? Maybe.... who knows?

A professional search committee? Really?

So we’re at the mercy of whatever mystery AD they bring in... again?

They have about 50 assistant AD’s down there;.... what do they do, shoot off rocket pencils and ask Jennifer what it is they actually do?

54 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

Just reading the press and looking at the actions of the admin, it looks like the same old duds going down the same old road.

Theyre not from here, they’re looking for advice, and the same people who got us where we are now still have the same influence.

Will the blind squirrel find a nut this time? Maybe.... who knows?

A professional search committee? Really?

So we’re at the mercy of whatever mystery AD they bring in... again?

They have about 50 assistant AD’s down there;.... what do they do, shoot off rocket pencils and ask Jennifer what it is they actually do?

Most schools use a search firm to find interested and qualified candidates. They do not do the hiring. Perlman did not use a search firm. It was his own searching party that brought in Eichorst. 

19 minutes ago, Whistlepig said:

look I get it, in a way Bo = Trump- either you think they're trying to do the right thing or you hate them, because both of them seem not to give an F about what offends or hurts peoples feelings. A lot of people can't deal with that.

I think Bo is a good person but has anger issues.  Pursuing and playing the rapist kid was surprising but I chalk that up to bad judgement and something he didn't think through.  I think his anger over being fired drove him to YSU as an FU to UNL and his antics when leaving UNL probably made YSU the best job he could get.  Bo's remarks about Eichorst were classless but probably had some truth to them.  Trump is an irritant to our over sensitive, PC world we've created and people probably don't get past that.  With all of the finger wagging on HB, assuming people view Bo and Trump similarly makes sense.  Your generality doesn't quite work in this case since it's more of a neither rather than either.  I don't hate Bo and I don't believe his only motivation when taking the YSU job was trying to do the right thing. 

18 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

We need the dream team.  I'm talking

AD - Whoever LSU's is. He's great at hiring coaches.

HC -Jim Tressel - He's probably a bit rusty at cheating but we can give him time he'll come back.

BB - Rick Patino assuming he beats the jail rap

PR -Bring Scaramucci out of retirement 

We would make Bo blush

If you can't be good: be interesting.

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/ohio-state-mike-rileys-last-stand-nebraskas-coach

Interesting article.  Ore State departed ways with Anderson.  Will NU do the same wt MR after Ohio State game?

If we get torched in Lincoln again, then it very well could happen. If he keeps it within 3 TDs, then I think he stays for at least another week. Especially considering we still don't have an AD to make the decision yet.