Teams That Are Bowl Eligible

I'm usually as optimistic as it comes, but I  think it will be a tough road to five wins.

Ohio State and Penn State are nearly certain losses.

Iowa and Minnesota are going to be pretty tough. I think splitting the two is being highly optimistic. I've thought we would lose to Minnesota since the pre-season. The way we've been playing along with Iowa seemingly having our number as of late, I don't see things going well.

That leaves Purdue and Northwestern. Brohm has the Boilermakers playing a lot better than I would have expected. They already knocked off Minny, so they'll be tough too.

Northwestern seems like our best bet for a win, but I'm certainly not counting on it. I think we will get to five, but it's going to be tougher than anyone should expect from a Nebraska team.

Minnesota had a game this week against Purdue in which Purdue had 4 first half turnovers and Purdue still won.

How do lose a game in which you get four first half turnovers? The first drive says it all: 3 plays, 1 yard, punt for 11 yards.

That's pretty much how their day went. 

• Plus1 1