Ticket prices falling?

Saunders

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Just sold mine. Relieved.

Seriously thinking about giving up my seats next year and putting the money toward Volleyball season tickets.  Volleyball is better to watch in person and football is better to watch on TV.

If they retain Riley after this season, I won't renew my tickets for next year. 

May have to look into getting Volleyball season tickets too

For me it's about Riley, but in general it's just not fun to go to a football game anymore. It takes a whole day between tailgating and the actual game, which can easily go four hours. Those commercial breaks are awful and contribute to the wretchedness of the experience.

Crappy thing is, after several years we have pretty good seats now.  I'd hate to just give them up after working our way down for so long, but I'm just less interested in football lately.

^^^ we were talking about that at the Okla Husker Club.  For us to come up for a game - it is an overnight stay, cost of meals, etc and etc. Gets to be pretty pricey for one game.  Yet just to watch a poor product on the field - makes it not worth the trip.  And yes the TV timeouts destroy the follow of the games and some of these games have been excessively long.  Many tickets were sold on the 'ticket exchange' via the club members not going up this year.  I was able to get 2 tickets for my brother who lives in Omaha - Rutgers game which he said was a crappy game.   As we were watching the Wisc game on the big screens at the Club, several had the Volleyball game going on their phone.  They were more interested and enthused about the volleyball than the football game. That is a sad turn of events - not that Ladies VB is popular but that it has almost become the only thing worth cheering about.

Kind of related to Knapp's post.  A friend of mine, OU season ticket holder, finally gave up his tickets last year.  He felt the Sooners were no longer playing up to their potential and his yearly disappointment was too much (Big Game Bob had become Mid Game Bob).  I told him, come be a Neb fan and experience broken expectations for a while. 

I have both football and volleyball season tickets.  Have had football for over 20 years and volleyball since they moved to Devaney.  I prefer going to Volleyball way more than the football games.  For one, I have a seat (not a bench) and I am on the aisle, so it is easy to get into and out of.  Like others have said, the "all day" feel of football does begin to drag on you when the product on the field is as poor as it has been.  I sold my Wisconsin and Iowa tickets before the season started and it paid for all of my volleyball season as well as about 1/3rd of my football.  I knew I was not going to go to IA and knew WI would be worth $$$ prior to the season starting. 

I enjoy the volleyball matches as the quality of play is top notch.  We bring in the best teams to play and win a lot of them.  Plus, the B1G is really really good as a conference, so most every match is a quality opponent.  The Bob gets rockin too and the crowd is very educated in the sport. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/10/2017 at 1:07 PM, fire mike said:

good thing I bought 6 tickets for nearly $200 a pop in the summer. Doh!

I bought 6 tickets for nearly $200 a pop in the late summer also, but for the Wisconsin game. Waste of money and never doing that again.

This week, the people I work with are giving away their tickets to anyone who will take them.