Ticket prices falling?

Saunders

It's looking like the wrong color of RED is going to be at the stadium.  I suppose that that shouldn't upset us if OSU steals a few of our recruits.  Amazing to see Husker "Faithful" selling their tickets to OSU folks.  I'm throwing no stones ... it just surprises me.  I'd love to be at this game if I could get tickets.  I could understand it if it was against a no-name, but it appears this is what happens when folks give up on a coach and the players (no offense intended ... it is just how it appears to me, might not be correct on that).

Edited by BigRedN
13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There's a couple of things going on here.

One, people don't want to sit in rainy weather and watch a lackluster team play poorly.

Two, attendance is down everywhere, as are ticket prices.

Not that there isn't some point to this.  But Sam spent several Tweets pushing his "nothing to see here" agenda.

To be fair, he did say he wasn't totally absolving the current state of Nebraska football.  But what were ticket prices last week?  Did people just discover their living rooms in the last six days?

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Not that there isn't some point to this.  But Sam spent several Tweets pushing his "nothing to see here" agenda.

To be fair, he did say he wasn't totally absolving the current state of Nebraska football.  But what were ticket prices last week?  Did people just discover their living rooms in the last six days?

He has no point with his apple to orange comparison. He should be comparing ticket prices to previous year night games against a big time opponent- for Nebraska. We are unique.

13 hours ago, knapplc said:

There's about the same food options in those concessions that you have downstairs, no steak (maybe slightly better nachos) and certainly no booze from concessions. 

Dang when I sat in club seats about 15 years ago they had spinach and artichoke dip, and awesome brisket sandwiches up there.  Got tickets off the street for ~$40 each for Kansas.  Had to tell my son that we won't have these seats and food for every game we go to.

What are the odds that every game being on tv will eventually be the demise of the sellout streak?  Personally, I'd rather watch the games from home or at a friends house in the comfort of that home with beer in hand than actually go to the game.  I've had great seats, and I've had seats up in the nosebleed section.  At home, it seems like I always have great seats.  When I was in college, we played for a NC every year.  Even though I had season tickets, I attended less than one third of the home games.  Of course, I'm also the kind that prefers buying stuff online rather than having to go to the store.  I just wonder as we go into the future how many more fans would just rather stay home and watch on tv?

On 10/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, Hayseed said:

That will be weird if the stadium is half full of Ohio State fans.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:12 PM, 4skers89 said:

But they will blend in so it won't look so bad.

Not if they do a b******* of Memorial Stadium. 

Seriously though...how bad is it going to look if half the stadium is tOSU fans? And is it enough to pull the trigger on Riley mid-season?

43 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Did people just discover their living rooms in the last six days?

Yes, immediately after Wisconsin discovered in the second half that Nebraska's offensive playbook is drawn in crayon and has unicorn and rainbow stickers all over it. 

• Plus1 3

You would think that the tickets for the football games come with a disease attached as much as people are trying to part ways with them.  NEVER have seen ticket prices, for a prime opponent, going for so low.  Sure, every game you can find the game time deals at dumpster fire prices, but the entire rest of the season has hit that dumpster fire price range.  You could see the rest of our home games, not at the top of the stadium, for about $50 total.....Crazy to even think that.dumpsterfire-1.jpg