Ticket prices falling?

Saunders

I really didn't notice the seats being empty until late in the game.  

The streak will be ending soon, even if we get the greatest coach.  Us baby boomers are dying off, another 10 years a good 30K of the season ticket will be hard to sell.  Todays fans would rather watch the game at home or at the bar.  My cousin called me about two months ago, wanting to know what to do with the season tickets.  They were mine, but I never get back for a game and she has had them for most of my adult life.  Her kids have no interest in them, and nor do her grand children.  She was looking to sell them, or if I wanted to keep them.  Pretty sure they are gone and won't be renewed next year.  I wouldn't worry about the win loss killing the streak.  Lack of interest over all is killing the streak, and the fact that it has been a poor product for so many years.

5 hours ago, skersfan said:

I really didn't notice the seats being empty until late in the game.  

The streak will be ending soon, even if we get the greatest coach.  Us baby boomers are dying off, another 10 years a good 30K of the season ticket will be hard to sell.  Todays fans would rather watch the game at home or at the bar.  My cousin called me about two months ago, wanting to know what to do with the season tickets.  They were mine, but I never get back for a game and she has had them for most of my adult life.  Her kids have no interest in them, and nor do her grand children.  She was looking to sell them, or if I wanted to keep them.  Pretty sure they are gone and won't be renewed next year.  I wouldn't worry about the win loss killing the streak.  Lack of interest over all is killing the streak, and the fact that it has been a poor product for so many years.

They need to "right size" the stadium and replace the bleachers with seats, reducing capacity some, and making the experience more comfortable.

They also need to stop playing bad football. People will show up for a winner.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Saunders said:

They need to "right size" the stadium and replace the bleachers with seats, reducing capacity some, and making the experience more comfortable.

This is the main thing that keeps me away......I'd rather go to the other sports with decent seats.

I think there are a lot of ideas that are pretty close to right, but with the combination of them all, the streak will end in the few years I have left.  Unless they cut the size down to around 60K and improve the parking, the actual seats, ingress/regress and restrooms more available.  The latter may have been approached since I was there last, but those were some disgusting restrooms 10 years ago.

But every team is facing declining numbers.  Too easy to set at home and watch, as almost any game you want to see is on TV. NFL and college are battling this.  And as others have said, the product you are paying for is in decline, but has been for quite a few years.   I must admit, I was a huge Riley supporter when this started, but really see no way he can stay as the Nebraska head coach.  I just hope he leaves with class and is shown class for leaving.  We all know he tried and we can see the disappointment he carries.  Good person, did some good things, but as Skers said the first day, he is 50% lifetime coach, we shouldn't expect more.  Have to give credit where it is due, some knew this would fail from the get go.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Saunders said:

I gave up my seats because of this.  I was in Section 26 and jammed in like sardines.  I had seats 3&4, once when I arrived seat backs were in my space and some of 1&2 we had no place to sit.  When the people from 1&2 arrived I they just looked dumbfounded.  When everyone stood for the Anthem my friend grabbed the seat back and shoved them down making room.  It is a joke.  Heap onto that the people behind me that sold their tickets for most games and only come to one a year and bitch the entire time and it becomes a terrible experience.

The expansion was a mistake, I don't think they understood the changing dynamics of the fans.  Now that we have space, I agree, make it 75k and spread everyone out.

First, what is this obsession with "The Streak"? Second, I think people are less interested in getting tickets to EVERY game , but football has an edge because there are only so many home games. If we hire a good coach and play well, most of us will look back and laugh at these threads, HAHAHAHA, as the stadium fills with rabid fans. Remember what recently happened in basketball and baseball....and is ongoing with volleyball?