Current players vs. Future Players - best Power Five offers

knapplc

I'd like someone with some actual experience with recruiting to tell me (us) if this is accurate. Found this on the interwebs today and I don't know what to believe.

sHiTW1D.png

My immediate concern with this is the inclusion of Bookie, who isn't signed yet. I don't know recruiting well enough to know if any of the other "Future Starters" are already signed or commits for this class, but that right there is a red flag to me. 

Do our current players really have so few offers? Is the right side of this artificially inflated?

EDIT - hit send too soon.  Here's the source on this.  I retyped and organized it because what's below is half a hot mess.

EDIT 2 ELECTRIC BOOGALOO - I deleted the graphic I made and the tweet it came from. This is not true and it's been causing lots of misconceptions in discussions.  Please ignore this whole thread.

Edited by knapplc
  • Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'd like someone with some actual experience with recruiting to tell me (us) if this is accurate. Found this on the interwebs today and I don't know what to believe.

sHiTW1D.png

My immediate concern with this is the inclusion of Bookie, who isn't signed yet. I don't know recruiting well enough to know if any of the other "Future Starters" are already signed or commits for this class, but that right there is a red flag to me. 

Do our current players really have so few offers? Is the right side of this artificially inflated?

Just some random names I picked according to 247:

Nick Gates offers: Nebraska, Arizona, Oregon, aTM, Bama, Baylor, Cal, Duke, Oregon State, UCLA, Washington, Washington State

Jerald Foster: Nebraska, UGA, Iowa, Iowa St, Mizzou, UCLA, Vandy, Wake

Freedom: Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, KSUcks

Stoltenberg: Nebraska

Gifford: Nebraska, Iowa St

DPE: Nebraska, N Carolina, Boston College, Wake

Chris Jones: Nebraska, Purdue, Indiana

Eric Lee: Nebraska, Az St, CU, Oregon State,

Morgan: Nebraska, Clemson, Florida, UGA, Michigan State, Mississippi St, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Tennessee, UCLA, Utah

• Plus1 5

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

EDIT - hit send too soon.  Here's the source on this.  I retyped and organized it because what's below is half a hot mess.

So it's titled "BEST" Power 5 offer, but only lists 1 per guy currently playing vs 3 or 4 for the young guys. Hmmm....

• Plus1 4
3 minutes ago, GSG said:

I would say it seems like they are trying to inflate the right side a little :dunno

Where did you get this, uh, info from, @knapplc ??

From the tweet at the bottom of my original post. On the Twitter I'm seeing that it's accurate, but nobody's providing proof. 

You got those offer lists from 247?

That list is terrible and who put it together should be ashamed.

You probably could do this with any of our teams as we normally have a few walkon starters.  We have no clue what the future starters will look like, he is just cherry picking.  I would not call Rahn/Reimers starters.  He has JD as a future starter.  He is totally missing the Davis twins. Where are the running backs?  No Lamar Jackson, but Avery Anderson as a starter?

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, GSG said:

So it's titled "BEST" Power 5 offer, but only lists 1 per guy currently playing vs 3 or 4 for the young guys. Hmmm....

Ah. Maybe that's their distinction.

Still, even if all the offers are accurate, the right-side column obviously appears inflated.  However, if it's all accurate, only Knevel & Gates had better "best" offers than their future replacement, according to that chart.

4 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Antonio Reed is arguably our most effective safety, he was the lowest rated recruit in the 2015 class, only ahead of the long snapper.

Antonio Reed is a "future starter" being #2 on the chart, but he is omitted because it doesn't fit the narrative.  Same with Stille sitting at #2 on the chart.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

From the tweet at the bottom of my original post. On the Twitter I'm seeing that it's accurate, but nobody's providing proof. 

You got those offer lists from 247?

Sure did.

Looking at the list again and looking at that guy's tweet history, seems like he is a Mike Riley fan and trying to skew it to show that MR is some juggernaut recruiter compared to what he has to work with.

• Plus1 2
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

Yet, he's not making due, he's losing and losing BAD.  Riley's teams aren't losing currently due to an overall lack of talent, it's his offensive scheme, motivation of the players, game management, etc.

:yeah  We have more than enough talent to win the west and not lose to NIU. This guy appears to be trying to show that we're Kansas or something

• Plus1 6