Come on Mike!

7 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Mike Riley will be fired. There is a post on Scout from a p oster that has connections to real insiders and that is the plan. 

Mike has not been told he will be fired but he knows he could get fired and is getting desperate not to get fired. Hence why he is now begging for more time. 

Riley has been a career failure everywhere he has gone and he will continue to have losing seasons at Nebraska. There is no point in keeping Riley around. Cut bait, deal with the impact, hire a new coach and move on with life. 

Although I agree with the point you are getting across in this post, I am going to claim bogus that some poster on some website knows Riley's future before Riley and is openly posting that on some website. People who are in the actual know and have those sources are not going to go around posting such news.

7 hours ago, jessica0 said:

Mike Riley will be fired. There is a post on Scout from a p oster that has connections to real insiders and that is the plan. 

Mike has not been told he will be fired but he knows he could get fired and is getting desperate not to get fired. Hence why he is now begging for more time. 

Riley has been a career failure everywhere he has gone and he will continue to have losing seasons at Nebraska. There is no point in keeping Riley around. Cut bait, deal with the impact, hire a new coach and move on with life. 

Lol

8 hours ago, jessica0 said:

did his name start with an s and end with an ock.puppet ?

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

A guy on Scout knows Mike Riley will be fired before Mike Riley knows he's going to be fired.

What planet do people live on where they actually think a message board guy knows more about what's going on with a football team than the coach of that football team?

Welcome to Earth.  This mentality precedes message boards, it just used to be that guy at the bar that "knew someone"

13 hours ago, timmytbro said:

In a post practice interview yesterday, HCMR stated that he believes this thing is going in the right direction, and that this program has all the necessary tools to build a winner. Mike really emphasized the need of recruiting and allowing it time to develop.  Basically, to get back to relevance, the program needs time. Time huh... This dude has coached for forty years, I don't see where time has any thing to do with Lang calling a  pass on 3 & 2 in the redzone resulting in a pick six. Or the other flanker screen in the redzone against NIU while the CB is playing press coverage. 

It is a concerning statement because it implies that the talent level is not there,and if it is there, the kids need time to develop. I agree that development needs to occur, but lack thereof is a direct reflection on coaching.  Do not be fooled dear Husker fans, this is not an issue of  needing time. This is an issue of inept play calling, and not having any sort of unequivocal idea on what identity these coaches are trying to establish. We have a youthful and weak O-line, yet these coaches have not found a way to compensate with a decent run game. 

This is Nebraska, the culture in Mike's locker room is toxic. There is no toughness, no physicality, no emphasis on winning through means of preparation and accountability. Young men are eager to be led. When we lost to NIU, players were talking about how their goals of a BIG championship was still alive... That is great, but how about actions speak louder than words. 

Shoot, my family couldn't even give away there Rutgers tickets for free on craigslist. Ticket prices are falling. There is a serious problem, and this is not about Nebraska being a coaching carousal. This is about taking back the asylum from the inmates.   This is about getting back to our roots, and putting the right leader in place who rewards great preparation and playing time is  not given.

Week after week Lamar Jackson refuses to tackle, yet he gets to start.... Why? because he was highly recruited? what about earning that playing time.

I look at memorial stadium, I see the resources, I see the trophies, all that I don''t see is a coaching staff worthy of even looking at such a beautiful sight.

This thing is going to get turned around, but it ain't going to be with Mike.

If MR really thinks we are headed in the right direction he need to be removed immediately. Why change is he is doing things right?