Racism - It's a real thing.

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, BigRedBuster said:

Good, watching that video, I kept wondering why the cop was doing nothing.  He failed to serve and protect and I'm glad he's no longer a police officer.

Related, the guy has been charged with a hate crime today as well.    Grateful there was a camera to record this so the spineless cop and the a&&hole old man can get the punishment they deserve.

• Plus1 1

48 minutes ago, sho said:

Good, watching that video, I kept wondering why the cop was doing nothing.  He failed to serve and protect and I'm glad he's no longer a police officer.

Related, the guy has been charged with a hate crime today as well.    Grateful there was a camera to record this so the spineless cop and the a&&hole old man can get the punishment they deserve.

I was very happy to see them bring hate crime charges. Of course, it probably only happened because this occurred in deep blue Chicago.

Regardless, you're right. I was struck when someone mentioned after this incident that there likely wouldn't have been any consequences for either the racist or the cop had there been no camera.

Arrest made in racially charged vandalism on Ogden Ave.

TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Toledo police arrested Patricia Edelen for spray painting racial slurs on her neighbor's home Friday night.

The police report lists the charges as "ethnic intimidation by reason of race, color, religion or national origin, criminal mischief, and criminal damaging/endangering property to cause/create substantial risk of physical harm."

The police report says Edelen spray painted "N" (word) stay out" "Hail Trump" and a Swastika on her neighbor's home.

Sisters arrested after apparent racially motivated attack caught on video

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. — A video showing two sisters racially harassing a Hispanic family in Commerce City has gone viral.

In the video, the women can be seen attacking one of the female family members.

The sisters, Natasha and Shala Fross, 26, were arrested and are facing assault and bias-motivated crime charges.

One can see and hear the women yelling racial insults at the Hispanic family in the video. Juan Carlos Ruiz, who videotaped the incident, said the Fross sisters grabbed his mother by the hair and hit his sister.

2 hours ago, Fru said:

I'm a Cowboys fan and I've been doing a lot of defending this week.  I really do appreciate the way Jones handled the anthem issue last year by having the whole team kneel together before the anthem so the protest couldn't be mixed up in the controversy.  And I can appreciate his voicing his opinion to Trump to stop stirring up divisive rhetoric.

But being so "patriotic" to play the anthem before a practice, and to leave his hat on....   I still love my Cowboys, but I'm not going to try and defend that.

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve never heard Lebron James speak and think he’s not smart, so it’s hard for me to believe Trump thinks he’s dumb for any reason other than he’s Black. There are also plenty of White people on TV who speak against Trump, but he singles Lemon out as the one who’s the most dumb. He also wanted to look into whether affirmative action was how Obama got into Harvard, and he seems obsessed with Harvard and affirmative action above and beyond affirmative action in general.

• Plus1 2