Diaco - mistakes in loss to Wisconsin are correctable

I watched this presser finally and it sounded like Diaco was firing some shots at the offense. Not that I blame him really, hard to believe that we don’t score another point after tying the game with 11min to go in the 3rd quarter.

But it is worrying how many coaches are throwing other coaches under the bus. I think the offense’s problems are obvious to everyone at this point. I’d prefer if Diaco just accepted the blame and continued to try to fix some issues that the defense has.

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

I watched this presser finally and it sounded like Diaco was firing some shots at the offense. Not that I blame him really, hard to believe that we don’t score another point after tying the game with 11min to go in the 3rd quarter.

But it is worrying how many coaches are throwing other coaches under the bus. I think the offense’s problems are obvious to everyone at this point. I’d prefer if Diaco just accepted the blame and continued to try to fix some issues that the defense has.

Not the first time Bobby has deflected blame this season. I think he takes issue when he feels like things really aren't his fault completely or there is more to the story. Hopefully it's just a personality quirk and not a sign of division. 

• Plus1 1
On 10/11/2017 at 3:00 PM, zero_blitz said:

Just my $.02 but here's why I think Diaco has a point. 

XfmTmfs.jpg

Ball is snapped, defense starts to flow, Thomas #97 was orignally lined up on the outside shouler of the center, and the center is starting to cross his face, leaving Thomas in the wrong gap.

VZvb20M.jpg

Weber #49 reads run and attacks the guard to fit in the B gap. Meanwhile Thomas #97 has been out gapped, and is now fighting to get back across the centers face.

UHXt55X.jpg

Thomas is never able to get back to his gap, Taylor hits the hole with Dedric young being the only player left on the second level, but he’s cut off by the tackle and not able to get to the ball.   Taylor is now 1on 1 with Williams #24

QQCPwCQ.jpg

What was Dedrick Young doing on that play?  I looks like him a Stille were playing the same gap.  It was a zone read option where the qb optioned off of Stille, but Young was pretty much doing the same thing as Stille, just directly behind Stille, so they pretty much optioned two guys out of the play.  Was Young responsible for the gap between the center and the left guard?  That alignment makes no sense and in that first picture you can see Stille talking to Young.  I think Young was not running the same call as everyone else.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:30 PM, Jeremy said:

Holding on the center, and Webber over-pursued.

The alignment of the defense simply was wrong. They also had 21 and 12 personnel a lot, which gives them 7 blockers for our 7 guys in the box. It's going to be very hard to stop a team like Wisconsin if you let them go hat on hat, because that's exactly what they want. The teams that beat them make them PASS the ball. Banker, for all his flaws, made Wisky do that last year, and Gerry got 2 picks. 

When Gordon went for 408, Pelini did basically the same thing that Diaco did last night. I don't get when a guy is paid as much as he is doesn't understand simple football math.

If they're going to go old school and run it 30 times in a row, we should go old school and break out the 52 eagle and put the strong safety in the box, too. It isn't rocket science - you aren't going to stop the run if they have a blocker for every defender.

yep