If we beat Ohio State

2 hours ago, jaws said:

Serious question. How much better do you think your 3-4 defense is than Maryland's? OSU attacked the edge very hard and was very successful doing so against Maryland. I don't think that OSU will have that kind of success vs Nebraska but I do think they will win the game. I think Dobbins and/or Webber along with Campbell should have big games. 

OSU lost a starting Olineman to a broken leg for the season last week and will be without a CB for the first half of the game vs Nebraska due to a targeting penalty. The Buckeyes are still a team trying to find itself but they are getting better each week and I don't think they are the same team that lost to Oklahoma week 2. I think they are finally starting to see some WRs emerge in the red zone which is something that hasn't happened in the last couple years. 

JT Barrett gets a lot of crap from OSU fans but I think 98% of the teams in CFB would love to have them as their QB. He isn't Aaron Rodgers and he never will be but that is OK.  

Its better, but not enough to think that OSU is going to lose the game if it plays out like it should.  Something crazy could happen Barrett could get hurt or better yet he could throw 4 ints.  Lee could have a phenomenal game,  if OSU does have something of a weakness it is their pass defense. 

I can see this game going a lot like like the Wisconsin game.  NU will play with them for a half and then they will pull away in the second half.  Nebraska could definitely play out their arse and win the game, but I doubt it happens.  The difference between this game and the MSU game in 2015 is that OSU has a ton more weapons on offense than MSU had.  

the classic Riley would be winning against Penn State, I actually see that as a possibility.

Beating Ohio State however, not a chance. This is the first time since 2007 where I go into a Nebraska game with zero hope of winning. I even got caught up on the hype and momentum going into the Wisconsin game thinking Nebraska may actually win. I have zero hope for beating Ohio State. But Riley gets his one upset every year, and I think that comes to Penn State.

4 hours ago, junior4949 said:

Well, stranger things have happened.  In the first couple of games, Ohio State did have one of the worst pass defenses in the country.  If Lee can keep the passes going to our guys rather than the other guys, we could keep it respectable.  Given the weapons Ohio State has, I'd say for us to win we'd have to win a shootout.  I don't see our defense being all that successful against JT Barrett and company.

We also have lost every single game where 'Dorf has called for 40 or more passing plays. So a shootout or constantly going over the top really isn't an answer, either. 

48 minutes ago, skers44 said:

anything less than 62-3 would be nice

Progress?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

the classic Riley would be winning against Penn State, I actually see that as a possibility.

Beating Ohio State however, not a chance. This is the first time since 2007 where I go into a Nebraska game with zero hope of winning. I even got caught up on the hype and momentum going into the Wisconsin game thinking Nebraska may actually win. I have zero hope for beating Ohio State. But Riley gets his one upset every year, and I think that comes to Penn State.

I think the one upset will be Purdue......:facepalm:

• Plus1 1