Remeber

No matter what happens this weekend and the rest of the season. The darkest hour is just before dawn. 

We will get the right people and leaders in position to turn this ship around. I have so much confidence. 

1) Harvey Pearlman is gone.

2) Eichorst is not making the inevitable coaching hire.

3) Our native son is coming home.

4) We are NEBRASKA.

I think what made Nebraska so special was that the football team emulated and embodied the character of the people of Nebraska:

tremendous work ethic, blue collar, self effacing, confident, yet humble. A People who make sacrifices for the betterment of the whole community. Descendants of homesteaders and farmers. We can't help it, it is in our DNA.

These are all traits that are missing from the current team. Something Callahan, and Bo refused to embrace. It is as if it was not cool to be Nebraska anymore. Well maybe it isn't cool, but Nebraskans get the job done, and they don't bi&ch about it. they put their heads down and go with 100% effort. Frost is a Nebraskan, he cannot fail.  A good argument can be made that Scott is so successful because of his Nebraska upbringing and character. Frost embodies the characteristic that most Nebraskans have. His teams feed of that.  I saw the UCF pregame locker room video. Frost came in the locker room, looked around at his players, and said "we are dialed in" The kids didn't yell or get too emotional, they just looked like they were ready to tear apart what ever was waiting for them on the field.  It is the same look Osborne's teams had during the tunnel walk, quiet, confident, and determined to get to work.

Boys the storm is here, all we need to do is grab on to something with all our might, beyond the calamity we have a date with destiny, all we need to do is get through the storm, and we will, because we are Nebraskans!  

• Plus1 4

We have a President of Football now. Leadership that actually cares about wanting to win big. 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/shatel-football-president-hank-bounds-understands-importance-of-a-d/article_342d937e-aecc-11e7-8845-63d69a1aad7e.html

The proper fit at AD would be a person with the same vision as Bounds so everyone is on the same page and the buy in is there from top to bottom throughout the university. IMO, most AD's would not be a good fit. I would prefer someone that can understand the Nebraska culture. Dann White and Ed Stewart are the two guys I would look at hard and long. Danny is connected to a Nebraska legend and he already has a strong relationship with Frost. Frost can get the team to play better football. I can see the same happening through Ed Stewart. I can't see that happening with the likes of Jeff Long. 

Mike Riley was offered a job and he took it. He has had a chance to win football games. He isn't wining football games so he has to go. That is life. The costs of making the change is just the cost of doing business. 

• Plus1 5

10 minutes ago, Redux said:

Losing to Northern Illinois and continuing to be Wisconsins beyotch isn't enough of a meltdown?

Riley could go winless the rest of the season and he would still have lots of supporters because he is a nice person. Just being a nice person is not employable achievement. results is what keeps you employed. 

• Plus1 4