Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
timmytbro

Remeber

Recommended Posts

timmytbro    84

No matter what happens this weekend and the rest of the season. The darkest hour is just before dawn. 

 

We will get the right people and leaders in position to turn this ship around. I have so much confidence. 

1) Harvey Pearlman is gone.

2) Eichorst is not making the inevitable coaching hire.

3) Our native son is coming home.

4) We are NEBRASKA.

 

I think what made Nebraska so special was that the football team emulated and embodied the character of the people of Nebraska:

tremendous work ethic, blue collar, self effacing, confident, yet humble. A People who make sacrifices for the betterment of the whole community. Descendants of homesteaders and farmers. We can't help it, it is in our DNA.

 

These are all traits that are missing from the current team. Something Callahan, and Bo refused to embrace. It is as if it was not cool to be Nebraska anymore. Well maybe it isn't cool, but Nebraskans get the job done, and they don't bi&ch about it. they put their heads down and go with 100% effort. Frost is a Nebraskan, he cannot fail.  A good argument can be made that Scott is so successful because of his Nebraska upbringing and character. Frost embodies the characteristic that most Nebraskans have. His teams feed of that.  I saw the UCF pregame locker room video. Frost came in the locker room, looked around at his players, and said "we are dialed in" The kids didn't yell or get too emotional, they just looked like they were ready to tear apart what ever was waiting for them on the field.  It is the same look Osborne's teams had during the tunnel walk, quiet, confident, and determined to get to work.

 

Boys the storm is here, all we need to do is grab on to something with all our might, beyond the calamity we have a date with destiny, all we need to do is get through the storm, and we will, because we are Nebraskans!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jessica0    109

We have a President of Football now. Leadership that actually cares about wanting to win big. 

 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/shatel-football-president-hank-bounds-understands-importance-of-a-d/article_342d937e-aecc-11e7-8845-63d69a1aad7e.html

 

The proper fit at AD would be a person with the same vision as Bounds so everyone is on the same page and the buy in is there from top to bottom throughout the university. IMO, most AD's would not be a good fit. I would prefer someone that can understand the Nebraska culture. Dann White and Ed Stewart are the two guys I would look at hard and long. Danny is connected to a Nebraska legend and he already has a strong relationship with Frost. Frost can get the team to play better football. I can see the same happening through Ed Stewart. I can't see that happening with the likes of Jeff Long. 

 

Mike Riley was offered a job and he took it. He has had a chance to win football games. He isn't wining football games so he has to go. That is life. The costs of making the change is just the cost of doing business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jessica0    109
12 minutes ago, Redux said:

Too many assuming Frost is a lock right now.

 

The Navy coach would be #2 on my list. That guy can flat out coach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, timmytbro said:

why is that?

 

The very first word is misspelled. That's a bad sign. Also, it's another savior-seeking entreaty. I'd be great if someone on this brilliant board had some ideas outside of getting mad and firing people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redux    5,093
28 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Part of me wants Frost to go to like Tennessee or Florida, if those jobs open, just to see the meltdown from husk fans.

 

Losing to Northern Illinois and continuing to be Wisconsins beyotch isn't enough of a meltdown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jessica0    109
10 minutes ago, Redux said:

 

Losing to Northern Illinois and continuing to be Wisconsins beyotch isn't enough of a meltdown?

 

Riley could go winless the rest of the season and he would still have lots of supporters because he is a nice person. Just being a nice person is not employable achievement. results is what keeps you employed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
El Diaco    4,545
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

 

Are you a sadist?

 

Well to be fair, this place has seen much worse meltdowns than what has taken place this season. It’s probably due to it not being such a surprise as past failures. We’re either getting used to it or getting apathetic or both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
timmytbro    84
15 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

 

Nice meltdown.

LOL sorry I misspelled remember. Late night studying rule against hearsay in FRE 801 for evidence class...

 

But anyhow, thinking we should keep Riley after this debacle is pretty much being a Cuck who continues to sit back and enjoy the show. Sir I am not saying you are a cuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
marko polo    175
1 hour ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Part of me wants Frost to go to like Tennessee or Florida, if those jobs open, just to see the meltdown from husk fans.

you are an evil person

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy    189
1 hour ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

 

The very first word is misspelled. That's a bad sign. Also, it's another savior-seeking entreaty. I'd be great if someone on this brilliant board had some ideas outside of getting mad and firing people.

Getting rid of Riley and this incompetent staff would at least give fans some hope. Hope things will change, that we'll be relevant once again. Because right now there is absolutely ZERO evidence that this staff will lead Nebraska to any kind of championship s or success in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy    189
2 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Part of me wants Frost to go to like Tennessee or Florida, if those jobs open, just to see the meltdown from husk fans.

Are you a Husker fan? If so, why would you want to see this? Do you like seeing Nebraska lose and continuing to be irrelevant?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Undone    406
2 hours ago, jessica0 said:

 

The Navy coach would be #2 on my list. That guy can flat out coach. 


Holy f***. 

Attention, huskerboard: jessica0 is very likely cm husker. Serious.

You needed to not bring up Navy to keep your cover. That was a tactical error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
speedtoburn    64
2 hours ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Part of me wants Frost to go to like Tennessee or Florida, if those jobs open, just to see the meltdown from husk fans.

 

Savage.

 

lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Football Guy Bob    4,431
8 hours ago, Jeremy said:

Are you a Husker fan? If so, why would you want to see this? Do you like seeing Nebraska lose and continuing to be irrelevant?

Who’s to say Frost would even make us relevant?  Do you know he’s going to come here and win?  I am a husker fan and I still support Riley and the staff until the end.  Maybe the “greatest fans” need a little bit of a reality check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pedro Guerrero    620
9 hours ago, jessica0 said:

 

Riley could go winless the rest of the season and he would still have lots of supporters because he is a nice person. Just being a nice person is not employable achievement. results is what keeps you employed. 

 

Riley still has supporters because he is still the head coach of Nebraska.  If and when he stops being the head coach of Nebraska that support will stop being there and will be shifted to whoever the next person up is.  Him being a nice person just makes it easier to support the guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
huskered17    103
47 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Who’s to say Frost would even make us relevant?  Do you know he’s going to come here and win?  I am a husker fan and I still support Riley and the staff until the end.  Maybe the “greatest fans” need a little bit of a reality check.

 

I want Riley to win every game he coaches. Look we all wanted Riley to succeed he hasn't. Frost might not be the answer either. The reality check is, Riley doesn't seem to able to get it done. . If it's time for a change, lets get someone who knows what the program is, and means to the state. 

 

GBR!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Husker NoNo    97

It doesn't matter who we hire.  The fans are the problem.  The self-proclaimed greatest fans, are also self-proclaimed experts who only have rudimentary knowledge about football.  Running the veer on your 8 man team 4 decades ago, or building a dynasty through an EA sports simulation doesn't make you an expert on the game.  If its Frost, half the fan base will complain and we won't get any were.  If it's not Frost, half the fan base will implode and we won't get any were.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy    189
1 minute ago, Husker NoNo said:

It doesn't matter who we hire.  The fans are the problem.  The self-proclaimed greatest fans, are also self-proclaimed experts who only have rudimentary knowledge about football.  Running the veer on your 8 man team 4 decades ago, or building a dynasty through an EA sports simulation doesn't make you an expert on the game.  If its Frost, half the fan base will complain and we won't get any were.  If it's not Frost, half the fan base will implode and we won't get any were.  

Why do you say this? If Golden Boy comes home, I'd say at least 90% of the fans will recognize that we have someone here that at least knows what it's like to bring championships to Lincoln. Most of us recognize that Frost at Nebraska is a match made in football heaven. (Personally, I like Frost, but he's not the ONLY guy I want. There are several others that could turn this thing around.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dvdcrr    299

I remeber...

I remeber the time Davison made an incredible catch to save a championship season.

I remeber when 99% of ESPN nation predicted Chad Henne and the Wolverines to hand Zac Taylor a stinging defeat at the Alamo.

I remeber the insane comeback against Ohio St. as the Big Red welomed the Big 10 into Memorial stadium.

I remeber the improbable 4th quarter drive, and how a Husker nose tackle named Glover rose up at a hostile field in Norman Oklahoma  to seal the defeat of the best rushing attack in college football.

I remeber a team that would refuse to lose.

 

Oh yes... I remeber!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy    189
1 hour ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Who’s to say Frost would even make us relevant?  Do you know he’s going to come here and win?  I am a husker fan and I still support Riley and the staff until the end.  Maybe the “greatest fans” need a little bit of a reality check.

This is a reality check: Northern Illinois 21  Nebraska 17. Would Frost win? Probably - hard to say with certainty. If Frost can make Central Florida relevant, he can do it here. Look, I like Mike Riley, and I want the Huskers to win as much as anyone, but he isn't the guy. That doesn't make me a bad fan, nor am I claiming to be 'the greatest.' This is just logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Husker NoNo    97
Just now, Jeremy said:

Why do you say this? If Golden Boy comes home, I'd say at least 90% of the fans will recognize that we have someone here that at least knows what it's like to bring championships to Lincoln. Most of us recognize that Frost at Nebraska is a match made in football heaven. (Personally, I like Frost, but he's not the ONLY guy I want. There are several others that could turn this thing around.)

I wish there were more fans like you!!! The fact that you would consider someone else highlights this fact.  I have just watched this play out now since I became a fan in the early 90's  Back then it was "throw the *%^& ball," now it is "run the *%^& ball."  I just don't believe this fan base will ever be happy.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/not-every-nebraska-cornhuskers-fan-lincoln-pining-scott-frost

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cdog923    776
9 hours ago, Undone said:


Holy f***. 

Attention, huskerboard: jessica0 is very likely cm husker. Serious.

You needed to not bring up Navy to keep your cover. That was a tactical error.

I thought Isle of View was CM? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeremy    189
6 minutes ago, Husker NoNo said:

I wish there were more fans like you!!! The fact that you would consider someone else highlights this fact.  I have just watched this play out now since I became a fan in the early 90's  Back then it was "throw the *%^& ball," now it is "run the *%^& ball."  I just don't believe this fan base will ever be happy.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/not-every-nebraska-cornhuskers-fan-lincoln-pining-scott-frost

 

I see what you're saying, but disagree in part. We were happy at the end of the '09 season. We gave texas all they could handle in the conference championship game and that maybe would've been a win if played a decade before instant replay. Then we beat up Arizona in the bowl game. "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." We all know what happened since, but that was a pretty good time, and the feeling was Husker football was becoming dominant once again. 

 

Contrast that with what's happening now, and I think it's understandable that fans aren't okay with things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Husker NoNo    97
1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

I see what you're saying, but disagree in part. We were happy at the end of the '09 season. We gave texas all they could handle in the conference championship game and that maybe would've been a win if played a decade before instant replay. Then we beat up Arizona in the bowl game. "Nebraska's back and we're here to stay." We all know what happened since, but that was a pretty good time, and the feeling was Husker football was becoming dominant once again. 

 

Contrast that with what's happening now, and I think it's understandable that fans aren't okay with things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the fan base should be happy with the product on the field right now.  I just don't think that this fan base will be united anytime soon.  Yes people were excited in `09, but I remember the "did it with Callahan recruits" comments too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grandpasknee    692
34 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I remeber...

I remeber the time Davison made an incredible catch to save a championship season.

I remeber when 99% of ESPN nation predicted Chad Henne and the Wolverines to hand Zac Taylor a stinging defeat at the Alamo.

I remeber the insane comeback against Ohio St. as the Big Red welomed the Big 10 into Memorial stadium.

I remeber the improbable 4th quarter drive, and how a Husker nose tackle named Glover rose up at a hostile field in Norman Oklahoma  to seal the defeat of the best rushing attack in college football.

I remeber a team that would refuse to lose.

 

Oh yes... I remeber!

I remeber watching Glover...his mouth was running non-stop before the snap.  He was a fierce beast.  One of my favorite all time players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TGHusker    1,123
14 hours ago, El Diaco said:

 

Well to be fair, this place has seen much worse meltdowns than what has taken place this season. It’s probably due to it not being such a surprise as past failures. We’re either getting used to it or getting apathetic or both.

so true, so sad:facepalm::bang:wasted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×